Postmaster / Mailer-Daemon bounces

localhost

During the last few days I have received several email bounce messages returning mail to me that I supposed to have send to dozens of adresses. Normally I only receive these kind of messages once every 4-6 months.

This is obviously a spammer OR virus using several of my email aliases as a sender adress (a FROM: address on SMTP level, not in the email headers).

Does anyone else experience this?

And what should I do?

Messages that are not filtered by Spamcop (SpamAssasin) I can delete easyly.

But messages that are filtered and are in my Spamcop-"Held" box. Quickreporting them, does not result in the correct action. It will (in the end) result in blacklisting the wrong SMTP server. How should I report this email?

[ Admins can view some examples still in my "Held"-box ]

During the last few days I have received several email bounce messages returning mail to me that I supposed to have send to dozens of adresses. Normally I only receive these kind of messages once every 4-6 months.

This is obviously a spammer OR virus using several of my email aliases as a sender adress (a FROM: address on SMTP level, not in the email headers).

Does anyone else experience this?

Yes. All the time.

And what should I do?

Messages that are not filtered by Spamcop (SpamAssasin) I can delete easyly.

But messages that are filtered and are in my Spamcop-"Held" box. Quickreporting them, does not result in the correct action. It will (in the end) result in blacklisting the wrong SMTP server. How should I report this email?

Do NOT report bounces or false bounces through SpamCop, it is a a violation of SpamCop's TOS. You can manually report the bounces, or delete them.

Archived