Why am I blocked ???

Ian Ray

It appears that at various times in the last 10 days Arista Tubes e-mails have been blocked when sending to users of spam Cop. The only invformation I have as to what/who is causing the problem is an ip address which is not part of "our" range. It appears that the ip address which is causing the problems is not "ours" and I can find no way to contact spam Cop to resolve the issue.

Can anyone help please.

There are a number of entries in the FAQ regarding why you might be blocked, as well as information to contact Spamcop. You might want to start there. If you would like help from the users here, we would need some information in order to be able to help you at all. A good start would be the rejection message you are receiving, preferrably with headers.

It appears that at various times in the last 10 days Arista Tubes e-mails have been blocked when sending to users of spam Cop.

Users of SpamCop (SpamCop email users) do not have their email blocked. Their possibly spam email goes into a Held Mail folder to be dealt with.

Users of other systems which employ the SpamCop BlockList may or may not block messages depending on their configuration.

The only invformation I have as to what/who is causing the problem is an ip address which is not part of "our" range. It appears that the ip address which is causing the problems is not "ours" and I can find no way to contact spam Cop to resolve the issue.

This message is generic because your question was generic. To get specific answers, provide the IP address or the rejection message.

The message being blocked is at least passing through that IP address. If it is more than one domain these messages were going to, then somewhere in your outgoing stream, it hits that IP address. You might want to send an email to an outside source (yahoo perhaps) and view the email headers of the message received message. See if any servers are between yours and those from Yahoo.

If this is only being seen to one outgoing domain, it is possible they are using a redirector that has become listed. That means all of their email is being blocked by spamcop, but it is not your problem.

PS. If the OP returns with the information maybe a modarator can move this to the "Why am I blocked?" thread.

Could be wrong, but .... I'm thinking that what is being described is a bunch of forged To: line e-mails coming from a SpamCopDNSBL listed e-mail server/IP address being rejected from all over the place.. Basing this in the "to users of spamcop" phrase ......

Archived