Gateway Timeouts

amanuensis

Since late this afternoon ET, I have been experiencing numerous gateway timeout errors when attempting to report spam via the web interface.

Occasionally it works, but clearly there is something wrong with the system.

Working for me (Sydney Australia)

(guessing here) Regular intervals SpamCop switch IP addresses to foil DDos attacks. Sometimes ones provider is slow to refresh their proxies and can result in Gateway timeouts (try hitting "F5" key)

Working for me (Sydney Australia)

(guessing here) Regular intervals SpamCop switch IP addresses to foil DDos attacks. Sometimes ones provider is slow to refresh their proxies and can result in Gateway timeouts (try hitting "F5" key)

Sounds reasonable except I haven't changed anything in months and earlier today it was working fine.

I am also unable to connect to the server directly: mailsc.spamcop.net

BTW, I am using a MacBookPro/Safari - - "F5" is my volume control :lol:

I have done everything possible except switch to my backup ISP.

I suspect you are right about the cause of the problem.

Resolved! - I changed over to my backup ISP and immediately got through.

Your surmise must be correct.

I wonder if my primary ISP caches data to make it look faster and simply doesn't refresh often enough?

If it continues, I will have to do some Sherlocking.

The issue with "Gateway timeouts" deal with the Akamai service. I leave it to you to do the searching.

Background: Akamai won't talk to me. I finally got Ellen's attention, she made contact with someone there, result was to identify the Akamai server that was hosed, pass that data on, she'd pass it on, in theory things would get fixed. Point is that the Akamai service isn't cheap, so problems shouldn't be tolerated.

By the way, this issue isn't actually related to a SpamCop.net e-mail account ..... only the reporting side of the house deals with the Akamai servers .... Moving to the Reporting Help section .....

Archived