ISP account seems broke

daringone

Greetings:

I believe my ISP account has ate it for some reason. Even though I've received complaint messages to my abuse address, no issues have been started, and I can't see my past complaints, getting the error "Cannot find spam reports for 1206281". I don't think this is normal, but if it is, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

There was a data dump somewhere back around 5 March ... perhaps that's why the "can't find" error message is coming up. The "no issues have started" phrase doesn't do much for me .. something at your end, that you're not blocked, what do you mean? .. Or is this also something due to the database dump perhaps?

Could be the DB dump. When I click the "Issues" link at the top, there are simply no issues. There used to be an issue for each different IP I'd received a complaint for. I'd use it to easily track if a user actually repaired their usually trojan infested machine or not. If I'd not heard a complaint about a user in a week, I considered it resolved.

Don't do that! <g> I've not seen the specific page either, just doing the 'systems analyst' mode thing, balancing that "what I know" and "what (s)he said" thing .... so for all "we" know, I could be totally wrong yet again <g>

Daringone:

I made a mistake as I did not notice this was an ISP account issue. I was talking about the individual reporting account. Please ignore all of my remarks to this point. I will see if I can delete them, though I think not.

Gee...I have more power than I thought...My incorrect statement about the personal account has been stricken from the record.

Hmmmm, could be due to one of several issues .. thje database dump, maybe too many other ISP's with the same questions, or maybe some connection to the recent mail-host beta, perhaps just not enough time to handle the situation, so the "Disabled" was juts a quick solution until Julian can get back to it ... I guess the question now is ... are you still in the middle of a bad situation?

Well, the "issues" link did help organize all reports I'd received, (now I'll just keep them in my inbox) but I can live without it if it truely helps system performance.

Yes -- it was adding to the database server load and the db server is already overloaded :-( Hopefully we will be able to bring back that feature at some point in the future -- several people have asked for it back as they found it useful. Sorry that it's not there anymore !

Archived