Sender spoofing my SC mail address

Ex_Brit

I've started receiving mail from a Russian spammer who spoofs my cesmail (SC) address so filters aren't catching it plus my email client accepts it into my inbox rather than junk mail because it recognizes the sender as me.

Manually reporting it sends a report to businessserve.co.UK which I have now entered into my personal blacklist.

Will that stop it or not?

URL of spam report: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1091209947z2...23617f0b81d12bz

Will that stop it or not?

No, wherever the report goes would not be looked at. Only the Return-Path (whic seems to be your address) or From: address (r2d2[at]cesmail.net) would get it blacklisted.

Is there a reason you have your own address whitelisted? Most people do not send themselves enough email from their own account to make this necessary.

Is there a reason you have your own address whitelisted? Most people do not send themselves enough email from their own account to make this necessary.

I thought that would be the case. Unfortunately yes I do send myself email messages from time to time, usually when I receive an email in one of my boot OS's and wish to forward it to pick up in another, but I suppose I could remove it from the whitelist and just treat each one individually.

Archived