Traverse more than one domain during configuration

I’m configuring my Mailhost.   I enter this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This process will send you a test email with more instructions. Please enter the email address you would like to register. We will of course keep this address in strict confidence. Other than this test email, SpamCop will use only your registered address (dljudd@swbell.net) to contact you.

__________@swbell.net

What is the standard name of this email provider - for instance, hotmail.com might be referred to simply as "Hotmail"?

swbell.net

I forwarded the [SpamCop] account configuration email as an attachment to mhconf._______________@cmds.spamcop.net.

I receive back an email Spamcop account configuration: error:

“The email sample you submitted for ________@swbell.net appears to traverse more than one domain. 

Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order.”

Both swbell.net and yahoo.com are in the header information.

I have both OUTLOOK and YAHOO.  I’m using OUTLOOK.  I’m not using YAHOO in the future. 

Everything for the Mailhost configuration was processed from OUTLOOK because YAHOO can’t forward the email as an attachment

These are the settings for both OUTLOOK and YAHOO. 

Outlook

swbell.net

imap.mail.att.net

smtp.mail.att.net

Yahoo

yahoo.com

imap.mail.yahoo.com

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I assume that “traverse more than one domain” means that because swbell.net and yahoo.com are in the header, that is causing the error.

I’m missing the point on something simple.

How would I remove the association between swbell.net and yahoo.com, whatever it is if that is the cause?

I have stopped using YAHOO mail.

Do I delete my YAHOO account?  Both Outlook and Yahoo use the same ___________@swbell email address.

2 hours ago, Gort said:

“The email sample you submitted for ________@swbell.net appears to traverse more than one domain. 
Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order.”

this only means that when you receive an email (lets say the configuration one from SC) it does travel through different domains after SC sent it.

apparently swbell flows through att, and that's where the domain "conflict" arises.

I don't use mailhosts, but you might have to configure the two att and the swbell hosts and in the correct order as the message implies.

I don't know if that's enough help but it's all I can give.

good luck either way :)

I’m only using OUTLOOK.  I’ve already done this in Mailhost Configuration:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mailhost configuration

How? For users with only one email address, the process is easy. Simply log into your SpamCop reporting account and click on the Mailhosts tab at the top of the page. Click on the link at the the bottom of the page to Add first hosts and follow the instructions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then I get the problems I mention above in this thread.

I click this:

Add first hosts

Should I be doing this more than once with different values?  And for what and why?

This process will send you a test email with more instructions. Please enter the email address you would like to register. We will of course keep this address in strict confidence. Other than this test email, SpamCop will use only your registered address (dljudd@swbell.net) to contact you.

__________@swbell.net

What is the standard name of this email provider - for instance, hotmail.com might be referred to simply as "Hotmail"?

swbell.net

Please register your real email address first so SpamCop can learn to recognize your home system. Then register the addresses you use for forwarding your mail around so that SpamCop can tie your home system to the forwarding system, or systems if you use a variety of email addresses at different domains for business or stealth purposes.

Aren’t these the same email address?  Do I do this anyway?  I don’t see the difference.

My real email address is the same one that is addresses you use for forwarding your mail.

Obviously I'm missing the point on what traverse more that one domain during configuration means.