Hotmail.com spam

Larry F

8 hours ago, Larry F said:

Hotmail.com will not allow me to Forward (as attachment) any spam emails.
I've tried moving those email to my inbox, they still block me from
forwarding them in any way. I have to submit them from mt GMail account.

Then you have to forward as attachment from Gmail to  all 3 abuse addreses (microsoft are that bad)
 cert[AT]microsoft[DOT]com  junk[AT]office365.microsoft[DOT]com  junk[AT]office365.microsoft[DOT]com
Ask for US $100 per spam and give the the Nigerian address (sarcasm)

I read an article on Microsoft Support, involved changing password every 72 days. So I did that.
Now I can submit spam emails only if I use the Outllook.com web site. Only difference with that
is the responses from Spamcop come back as Junk emails, didn't do that before.
Mozilla Thunderbird still doesn't let me forward Junk emails even though I updated the password.

Larry F.

LOL... reminds me of three automakers... anyway, enough politic hinting from my side... (or I'll get into big trouble with Lking ;) )

I know it's not funny, and I can feel the frustration, especially when it comes to an email address owned for quite a while.

I had similar situation here with an email account I had for close to 20 years and lost it, but not because I chose to...

My email provider's domain was "bought out" by the government and the owner of the domain gave us a grace period to move our e-mail data to a different host. I had already had my accounts at Y!, Hotmail, and gmail and been using gmail to pull from the other mail hosts, but always replying with my non-google address... so when the announcement came, I switched the sending address to the gmail address and stayed like that since.

I occasionally use hotmail/outlook/M$ for "specific" purposes, and Y! when it comes to taunt spammers and scammers 🤪

8 hours ago, RobiBue said:

LOL... reminds me of three automakers... anyway, enough politic hinting from my side... (or I'll get into big trouble with Lking ;) )

Do they still en-masse turn up in Washington on their private jets carrying tin begging cups?

8 hours ago, RobiBue said:

I know it's not funny, and I can feel the frustration, especially when it comes to an email address owned for quite a while.

Were with Mail.com paid account then they changed format, to make it impossible (maybe annoying) to get headers and text. So lost me,
but computer downgrades seem the norm, IMO Microsoft operating systems have been downgrading since WIN3.11,
Looks to me like a scam to make ones computer to slow down. so you buy a new one so they can sell another operating system!

Edited by petzl

For the password change, rumor has it that Microsoft is doing oauth2 authentication for imap and pop connections. I suspect when you changed your password it may have been included in this. You might be able to setup thunderbird with oauth2 or there might be an app password that you might be able to setup.