Microsoft spam reports go to the sewer?

Go back to paper and write them down printoff or type up on a device not on the net. Use wordplay to make variations or themes that only you will understand and use a code to shorten like leaving out chars which negates the usefulness of programs that guess lots of possible passwords. Always use 2 level auth and avoid surveys reviews and online forms and request quotes are deleted if not intending to be a customer. Only trust secure sites - https and not new sites. Turn off bluetooth when not using. Haveibeenowned EXCHANGED your details for helping you and probably stored it to this day. They could be hacked considering many sites have fallen victim including nasa? The services that send a webbot around to search and destroy your info will not see what is stored offline or printouts. and will store your info A guy was recently busted with a simbox sending out 17m scam texts a week. Using checkers such as IP or sending abuse reports can risk details being on sold and increase spam. Siri sends all contacts to apple and on the new phones cannot be turned off and best not to store data on the sim but on the phone.

Edited by ninth

2 hours ago, lartingyou said:

Thanks for the advice. Any recommendation of where to store the hundreds of passwords? I don't use the same one for each account - haveibeenpwned.com showed me the error of my ways 10+ years ago.

Look for a Password Saver,   Free sounds nice but often not,
Having said that this is free for a single user, do your own homework, may be crippled   $40 a year for family use? 
I've used password Depot for years but can no longer recommend it  (become more hype than reality) For me to go to a different one is going to be very time consuming, I'm now a old bloke.

Sample of password generated  UserName  password  RV?Gf?%B#5}p7x<

Back-up your password "key" to a few "somewheres" other than your computer Gmail Cloud is ok

Edited by petzl

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 4:50 PM, petzl said:

OK still trial not trail
I find that Microsoft do close spammers, but takes time, then it's easy for spammer to open another fake account to repeat.
There are plenty of free email account choices out there, Microsoft IP's are high volume so it takes a LOT of spam hits before the radar 
SpamCop blocklist activate, The SEWR address I only see SpamCop using, I no longer report by SpamCop but do have a number of Microsoft abuse addresses to submit email as attachment to. 
NANAE (usenet) many loved hating and criticizing  (criticising) SpamCop for not having a abuse at address.
But logistically not practical to deal with the volume of mainly rubbish complaints, although it can or could be be done by WEB or the link in a spam report!
I would guess that Microsoft would have the same  logistic problem, IMO the need to legitimize (legitimise) users.
Twitter/X tried to remove the BOT users seems to have worked a bit but still needs working on.

Does anyone know if reports sent to sewr@senpluspluseop.onmicrosoft.com are read or ignored?

6 hours ago, Steve said:

Does anyone know if reports sent to sewr@senpluspluseop.onmicrosoft.com are read or ignored?

I would guess that they do, in their own way and time.
Abuse addresses for free Microsoft accounts would/must be never ending.

1 hour ago, ninth said:

Try sending a manual report and see if they respond? 

I now don't use SpamCop for reporting
I forward as attachment to whatever source I can determine (Outlook/Hotmail do not identify email source IP's)
Any dodgy URL I report to the Registrar, plus the FED's
Yes I believe spammer's take me off their spam lists, but they have my email address anyhow!
My spam status since reporting from my Gmail accounts is now maybe. almost one a month.

Still use SpamCop as a important tool,
for some reason my account has again stopped accepting my password, so stopped bothering.

On 2/16/2024 at 7:37 PM, Steve said:

With AI the way it is (esp. chez Microsoft) Ima guess those reports are training some neural net or LLM. MS doesn't care to stop spammers as it's a cost center. Training a new "spam copilot" is surely worth some $ to them, however.

On 2/5/2024 at 5:02 PM, ninth said:

Go back to paper and write them down

OK, my password manager (Google) currently has 520+ entries (we're a family that use this computer). Got no time to write that stuff down! Plus, the software checks for passwords that have been reported in known leaks (haveibeenpwned) and complains if you use the same password for more than one account. I despise Google for lots of stuff these days (all the CDs I uploaded to YT Music aren't accessible with "hey google" unless I pay a monthly fee), but they got me hooked wrt a password manager that just works.

• 2 weeks later...