Does SpamCop block emails in between senders and recipient's servers?

I have someone who is trying to email me at my domain email address. Their email receives a message from SpamCop saying that it was rejected.

"550-"JunkMail rejected - envelope.catholicvote.org [199.15.213.147]:59832 is in 550-an RBL on rbl.websitewelcome.com, see Blocked - see 550 http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=199.15.213.147""

However, neither my domain nor my hosting service uses SpamCop. My hosting service makes use of SpamAssassin.

So why is the email being rejected by SpamCop? Is there an intermediate server that is rejecting the message for some reason? I would think that I would be the one to decide which tools to use for spam filtering and what constitutes a spam email, not some server whose only job is to pass along the message, letting me decide if it's okay.

As it is even though I added the sending domain to my whitelist I still cannot receive emails from them. Since I don't use SpamCop I can't add this domain to a whitelist, which is making it impossible to get emails from someone who I want to be able to send to me.

Looks like rbl.websitewelcome.com is trying to blame SpamCop in their TXT record.

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> any 147.213.15.199.rbl.websitewelcome.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 60911
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;147.213.15.199.rbl.websitewelcome.com. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
147.213.15.199.rbl.websitewelcome.com. 21600 IN TXT "Blocked - see http://www.sp
amcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=199.15.213.147"
147.213.15.199.rbl.websitewelcome.com. 21600 IN A 127.0.0.2

I still don't understand why email to my server would be blocked.

Sending server A, receiving server G, neither of which use SpamCop. Is there a server B through F that the message travels through that is rejecting the email because it is using SpamCop? If so, what right do they have to reject an email that I might actually want to get if it's not being sent to their server as the final destination?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, sabbott64 said:

Sending server A, receiving server G, neither of which use SpamCop. Is there a server B through F that the message travels through that is rejecting the email because it is using SpamCop?
If so, what right do they have to reject an email that I might actually want to get if it's not being sent to their server as the final destination?

SpamCop does not ask for email receivers to use it's SpamCop Blocklist.
Many do to stop their customers inbox being filled with rubbish and it works. 

Seems to like your email addresses need validating? 
This can be easily done by asking for a reply from recipients on your list, then remove email addresses that don't reply!
BE CAREFUL  with those selected from around you that can access your list!!!
Create your own poisoned email address like
"poisonZws43shBbh[AT]Gmail[DOT]com"
This will show if your supersecret marketing list has been ever stolen!

Also ask your Genuine subscribers to "Whitelist" your email address with their email provider
(a whitelist overrides a blocklist) Have a WORKING unsubscribe in every posting!
"Causes of listing
System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)"

Screen Shot of your blocked IP on SpamCop Blocklist

SpamCop only blocks IP's that are found sending spam never happen with 1 report/hit, takes many hits.
Some naïve "marketers" use email lists that are poisoned and feed numerous "spam-traps"
A genuine marketer will use only addresses that have at least a "double opt-in"
SpamCop will report the SOURCE IP of spam if the sending email headers are correctly setup.
If the email IP source is not listed or identifiable  the email server itself is sent a submission from the receiver of abuse.
spam-traps do not send reports, most do not even tell one their server is blocked, the SpamCop Blocklist does
The SpamCop Blocklist (a spam radar) releases the IP when spam stops for 24 hours after last spam.
Many major email operators do  not tell one of a block and just bit-bin email from listed IP's.

CISCO servers, IMO the best filter for spam never gave me a false-positive in my many years of using them always getting real email.
Never worked for or sold CISCO products.

Edited by petzl

There is no servers B through F that runs SpamCop. The email only goes directly from server A to server G. Server A is 199.15.213.147. The rejection message came directly from server G. Server G has a blacklist setting on it that checks rbl.websitewelcome.com. Server G is the server that rejected the email and caused the bounce to be sent back to the sender.

22 hours ago, petzl said:

SpamCop does not ask for email receivers to use it's SpamCop Blocklist.
Many do to stop their customers inbox being filled with rubbish and it works. 

Seems to like your email addresses need validating? 
This can be easily done by asking for a reply from recipients on your list, then remove email addresses that don't reply!
BE CAREFUL  with those selected from around you that can access your list!!!
Create your own poisoned email address like
"poisonZws43shBbh[AT]Gmail[DOT]com"
This will show if your supersecret marketing list has been ever stolen!

Also ask your Genuine subscribers to "Whitelist" your email address with their email provider
(a whitelist overrides a blocklist) Have a WORKING unsubscribe in every posting!
"Causes of listing
System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)"

Screen Shot of your blocked IP on SpamCop Blocklist

SpamCop only blocks IP's that are found sending spam never happen with 1 report/hit, takes many hits.
Some naïve "marketers" use email lists that are poisoned and feed numerous "spam-traps"
A genuine marketer will use only addresses that have at least a "double opt-in"
SpamCop will report the SOURCE IP of spam if the sending email headers are correctly setup.
If the email IP source is not listed or identifiable  the email server itself is sent a submission from the receiver of abuse.
spam-traps do not send reports, most do not even tell one their server is blocked, the SpamCop Blocklist does
The SpamCop Blocklist (a spam radar) releases the IP when spam stops for 24 hours after last spam.
Many major email operators do  not tell one of a block and just bit-bin email from listed IP's.

CISCO servers, IMO the best filter for spam never gave me a false-positive in my many years of using them always getting real email.
Never worked for or sold CISCO products.

This is good information but does not answer the question. I'm not sending the email. The email is being sent to me. And the server host is not using SpamCop, so why would SpamCop be listed as the source of the block?

The problem is a sender is being blocked and there's nothing I can do on my end to whitelist them with SpamCop because neither I or my host use the product. So how does one tell SpamCop not to filter a sender when they aren't the ones who should be filtering in the first place?

@sabbott64 have you talked to your ISP?  They are who have blocked your incoming email. That is where your answer is.

If you want to receive email from an IP address that has sent email to SpamCop spam traps, from a neighborhood of spammy IPs, talk to your ISP to whitelisted that IP.

SpamCop does not whitelist IP addresses from their SCBL. Each user of the SCBL tool makes their own decision about which IP addresses to whitelist so they can receive email from sources that also send spam.

Talk to the person sending you email that have been blocked. The header of the notice that their email was blocked will tell you who blocked their outgoing email to you. It should in fact be your email service provider.

On 6/7/2024 at 12:16 AM, sabbott64 said:

Sending server A, receiving server G, neither of which use SpamCop. Is there a server B through F that the message travels through that is rejecting the email because it is using SpamCop? If so, what right do they have to reject an email that I might actually want to get if it's not being sent to their server as the final destination?

IP is also block listed by UCEPROTECTL3 

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 4:22 AM, sabbott64 said:

This is good information but does not answer the question. I'm not sending the email. The email is being sent to me. And the server host is not using SpamCop, so why would SpamCop be listed as the source of the block?

The problem is a sender is being blocked and there's nothing I can do on my end to whitelist them with SpamCop because neither I or my host use the product. So how does one tell SpamCop not to filter a sender when they aren't the ones who should be filtering in the first place?

Usually it is those receiving your email are using a ISP that uses blocklists that won't accept your emails sending IP,
unless you can get the addressee to white list it (your sending email address), with their ISP
Those people's ISP that uses the SpamCop Blocklist send a auto-ack/bounce (to the claimed sending email address)
telling you of rejection,
very possibly  the addressee won't even see your attempt.
Now go back to my first reply to see how to fix this.
Do you know if the IP you use us dedicated to you or shared with others?
The main problem is this IP is sending poisoned email addresses that feed spam-traps!
So if it is a shared IP could be a number of "marketers"
sending poisoned email addresses on the IP you also use.
Sorry getting old and doddery!
Misread your first post!
If it is you that have people trying to send YOU email and THEIR email is blocked have your ISP whitelist all your email contacts!
Or if you dare have them stop spam filtering your email

Edited by petzl

Blocklists block the sender and receiver of spam. Looks like the OP has left?

Dax the duck now has a private AI Chat to access popular chatbots, separate from search. No AI training at our expense. Meta search has a pushy new AI spy called Llama3 sending annoying messages but I managed to block and mute and then I was warned there are more profiles...it's on Mark! Standby.