Checking It Twice?

ViRGE

Hi, I've been a Spamcop user for quite a while now, and as of the last couple of months I've been running in to a lot of spam that is making it through the blacklists initially, and I've been looking for a solution. I've noticed that when I go to report it, it's already showing up as spam in some of the RBLs, so in between when it hits my account on the Spamcop email server and when I POP it off, the RBLs are figuring out that it's spam.

This has gotten me to thinking the following: if I check my mail against the RBLs again when I'm popping it off, it should catch a lot of the spam that has been making it through to me. However as this is a bit unorthodox, I'm not sure how to go about it. Is there any way I can do this within the Spamcop system, or do I need to change something on my end with Outlook to pull this off? Any advice/help that can be offered on the matter would be appreciated.

I don't think you can do this within SpamCop, but there are several Outlook addins out there that can be configured to check mail against RBLs when it is being POPed. You'll need to do a google to find something specifically, as I haven't used any myself, but I believe things like Mailwasher can be configured to do what you want.

Archived