whitelisting GoogleGroups

mrmaxx

I know how to whitelist some groups, where the email is addressed to the group "posting" address, as in groupname[at]yahoogroups.com, however, Google doesn't appear to follow that "standard." Can someone suggest how to whitelist a GOOGLE GROUP? Will SpamCop search the X-headers for whitelist info? Here's an example:

X-Apparently-To: <groupname>[at]googlegroups.com

Will SpamCop whitelist if I put groupname[at]googlegroups.com in the whitelist? I guess I'll give it a shot, just in case.

I know how to whitelist some groups, where the email is addressed to the group "posting" address, as in groupname[at]yahoogroups.com, however, Google doesn't appear to follow that "standard." Can someone suggest how to whitelist a GOOGLE GROUP? Will SpamCop search the X-headers for whitelist info? Here's an example:

X-Apparently-To: <groupname>[at]googlegroups.com

Will SpamCop whitelist if I put groupname[at]googlegroups.com in the whitelist? I guess I'll give it a shot, just in case.

The FAQ has the 2 headers the whitelist searches. It does not search the x-* headers.

The FAQ has the 2 headers the whitelist searches. It does not search the x-* headers.

Yeah...saw that after I'd already posted. 'Course we both know the FAQ is not nearly as accurate as it could be....which is why the FAQ/Wiki is under (re)construction. :-)

Seriously, any suggestions? Should I just whitelist "googlegroups.com"???

Seriously, any suggestions? Should I just whitelist "googlegroups.com"???

Per the FAQ, unless googlegroups.com is in one of the following headers, whitelisting will not help. You can try and see if the FAQ is outdated, but we have not seen an evidence of that here.

Return-Path:

Sender:

Archived