I have something new

villagetech

My first time on this forum so here I go.

I have found a way (by inserting a code into the Blocked Senders list) to have ALL my emails delivered to my Deleted Items folder instead of my Inbox. I drag and drop my friendly emails into my Inbox. It saves me time and the unopened emails report back to their source that my address is 'inactive'. The ones that do that is. Close the program and the spam is deleted. I always have a clean Inbox and never need to touch the spam. It is a lot easier to drag and drop two or three friendly emails to my Inbox than delete then delete again a dozen or more spam. I was luckier than most, the only spam I would get were the stock spam scams, five or six each day. I don't get any now. There is absolutely no way that spammers can get around this. They can change their domains to anything they want as often as they want, it will make no difference they will always end up in the Deleted Items folder. Just thought I would put it here to see if there is any interest.

If there is I will post my website's address.

By the way, it works on Outlook Express and Incredimail.

............villagetech

Way too many missing details ..... especially the "reports back as inactive" ... from what's stated, this really makes little sense as you have accepted the e-mail ... just the concept that "unopened e-mail' does anything but sit there after delivery is a bit 'strange' ....shades of doing somethng silly like using the MailWasher 'bounce' feature (definitely recommended against using)

The general philosophy of applying filters to the Incoming e-mail is the same as I've offered before, and is based on the general concept of 'whitelisting' ..... Build your filter set to move "good" e-mail to an appropriate 'Folder' ... such as Friends, Family, John, etc. .... the concept being that anythng actually remaining in your InBox is either spam or something that needs a new filter rule applied ....

what puzzles me is why not have them delivered to the held_mail folder, whitelist the false positives and report the rest. Spampal does that for you. Since using spampal I have very few spam e-mails in my inbox and after a while of whitewashing, rarely a false positive.

Sorry for the delay,I haven't been able to access the forum since I made my first post. Thanks for your answers. I will try to answer your concerns.

It is nothing like www.imperial.edu/campus_info/Departments/InformationSystems/creating_filter_in_microsoft_out.htm.

Rich? I don't think I'll ever be rich. I don't have the time left to do that.

I'm surprised that no one picked up on the idea that ALL emails arrive in the Deleted Items folder. Can anyone do that?

"reports back as inactive" All your emails have arrived in your Deleted Items folder. You drag and drop your friendly emails to your Inbox. The spam is still in the Deleted items folder. Outlook Express is set to Empty Deleted items folder on exit. Either delete the spam or close the client. The spam is gone. No effort on your part. Since the spam is unopened and deleted it will report back as an 'inactive address'.

Some people say that they get 200 or 300 spam emails a day. If that was the case would it be better to delete 200 emails or drag and drop 2 or 3 friendlies from the Deleted items folder to the Inbox and let Outlook Express delete the spam.

'this really makes little sense as you have accepted the e-mail' The problem with spam is that everyone that gets it has accepted the email. Not everybody has a filtering program.

May the wind be always at your back..........villagetech

Sorry for the delay,I haven't been able to access the forum since I made my first post.

As stated, your 'camping out with a scri_pt' didn't make me happy. A change-over in servers last night is what has allowed you in today from the same IP address.

Thanks for your answers. I will try to answer your concerns.

I really see no answers provided ....

I'm surprised that no one picked up on the idea that ALL emails arrive in the Deleted Items folder. Can anyone do that?

Yes .... but why is the question ....

"reports back as inactive" All your emails have arrived in your Deleted Items folder. You drag and drop your friendly emails to your Inbox. The spam is still in the Deleted items folder. Outlook Express is set to Empty Deleted items folder on exit. Either delete the spam or close the client. The spam is gone. No effort on your part. Since the spam is unopened and deleted it will report back as an 'inactive address'.

As stated / queried above .. this sentence actually makes no sense at all .... The simply act of receiving an e-mail does not by and of itself cause anything to "report back" to anyone (totally ignoring the 'send receipt' crap ... another whole discusson)

Some people say that they get 200 or 300 spam emails a day. If that was the case would it be better to delete 200 emails or drag and drop 2 or 3 friendlies from the Deleted items folder to the Inbox and let Outlook Express delete the spam.

Absurd, in my opinion ... see my suggested plan of attack in my previous ... you really don't want to have to scan 2-300 e-mails looking for 2 .....

'this really makes little sense as you have accepted the e-mail' The problem with spam is that everyone that gets it has accepted the email. Not everybody has a filtering program.

Yet, you are 'suggesting' some miracle cure for two e-mail clients that do have "rules" available ...????

Geeze .... quit beating around the bush .... if you've got something of value, make it known ....

By the way, if you are running that damned scri_pt again, you are going to be dropped/blocked again ....

Archived