Trouble attaching files

atriz

For many years I was able to successfully send attachments through my email account. This stopped working about a week ago. When I click attach files comes a window that says "invalied specified file. Try again later" No matter if it is a photo or document I cannot attach anything. For me is very urgent to solve this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Atriz :(

Much more data needed (or something?)

Your error message does not match any of the previous issues with "sending attachments" ... hard to not notice the almost total lack of feedback / resolution from most of these folks ...???

Having trouble sending attachments, email account problem

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6884

Attachments problem

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6093

Ongoing stripping of attachments

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6638

For many years I was able to successfully send attachments through my email account. This stopped working about a week ago. When I click attach files comes a window that says "invalied specified file. Try again later" No matter if it is a photo or document I cannot attach anything. For me is very urgent to solve this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Atriz :(

I just sent a test message from my account with no issues. It seems pretty normal in these cases, this issue seems to be related to the end users computer, internet connection or account. Can you try it from a friends computer? Did you do any changes in the last week (like update to IE7)? I am using IE7 but have not tried attaching files. I will run this test tonight.

In your description, is "attach files" actually the "Attach" button to the right of the Browse buttons or somewhere else?

I just sent a test message from my account with no issues. It seems pretty normal in these cases, this issue seems to be related to the end users computer, internet connection or account. Can you try it from a friends computer? Did you do any changes in the last week (like update to IE7)? I am using IE7 but have not tried attaching files. I will run this test tonight.

In your description, is "attach files" actually the "Attach" button to the right of the Browse buttons or somewhere else?

Attach files is on the left at the bottom and also at the top. Thank you for your answer.

Atriz

Attach files is on the left at the bottom and also at the top. Thank you for your answer.

Atriz

Not really. Please be very careful and things that appear similiar, are not always that way.

At the top, just above the body is a button named "Attachments" which simply moves you to the Attachments section of the Compose screen. It does not attempt to actually attach anything to the message.

In the Attachments section are 3 blank text entry boxes each with a "Browse" button used to select the files wanted. These also do not actually attach anything to the message.

In the Attachments section to the right of the browse buttons is a single button labeled "Attach". This button is the only one that actually attempts to attach the files listed in the text entry area to the message. The files, when this step is complete should be listed at the bottom of the Attachments section.

From the Help item nect to the Attach button:

Message Composition: Attach

"Attach"

You may attach files to your message if your browser supports uploading of files. More than 1 file can be uploaded at once.

Step 1: Either type the path and name of a file that you want attached to this message or click "Browse" button and select the file to be attatched. The path and name of that file now appears in the Attachment box.

Step 2: Decide whether you want the file to be viewed as an attachment or inline with the rest of the message. The receiving person(s) mail reading software must be able to handle the file type inline; if not, this part will be viewed as an attachment instead.

Step 3: Click "Attach" button. The file name(s) and size(s) will be added to your list of Attachments. Please note that for large files and/or slower Internet connections, the process of uploading and attaching your file to the email may take a while. Please be patient and do not click other links/buttons while you are waiting.

It is working for me from IE7 as well.

Thank you for running this test. I do not know which is the problem. I used to send many attachments frecuently but now when I click attach files, comes the little window that says "invalid file specified. Try again later". I am going to try again. Thank you.

Atriz

Archived