Yet Another SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email

kae

I got one of those "[spamCop] Errors encountered" with the explanation of:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

The problem is that I don't think I reported it by forwarding it like the explanations that I found in the Forum. I haven't forwarded email to my submit email address for months and it's rare when I do use it. If I do use it I still use the manual process and I don't use Outlook to do it anymore, I use Thunderbird if I forward it. It's just easier to let it accumulate in the Held Folder and report it all at once.

I guess I'm wondering if the private submit address gets changed internally in spamcop to something different because it doesn't look the same as the one on the submit page.

The one on the submit page looks like this: submit.{blahblahblahblahblah}[at]spam.spamcop.net

The one in the email looks like it was sent to: ver.{me}+spamcop.net-{10 digits}-{32 hex digits}[at]spam.spamcop.net and doesn't look like the email address above. It it possible that this is the email address that's use by the internal Webmail reporting feature to report items from Webmail (Held or Inbox folders)?

I sort of remember the Sender (MarianneHullns at betterhomesrealtygroup.com Marianne must have made some spammer angry huh.), but I am sure I reported it from the Held Mail list in Spamcop's Webmail, which is where I do most all of my reporting.

The weird thing is the date on the email is about four hours ahead of me, which would put it somewhere in the atlantic ocean. Are there spamcop servers running four hours ahead of Central Standard Time?

Oh, disregard that last question. Anyway, It's only one email failure so it's not like it's a big deal, but am I off my rocker or has a spammer figured out a way to post to my submit address?

I wish I could send this to someone that could look at it and tell me what happened. I guess the question is: should I just drop it and let it go since I've only seen this once, or should I look into it further?

I wish I could send this to someone that could look at it and tell me what happened. I guess the question is: should I just drop it and let it go since I've only seen this once, or should I look into it further?

If it is a one off problem then I'd drop it and let it go. Life is too short to be troubled by a single spam Email <_<

Andrew

Archived