spam from formular

vloang11230

Hi !

I am a french webmaster, and i am more and more attacked by spam injection / spam formular

within my websites i made :(

Of course, i have protected the forms, but, i wonder what i can do when i have detected

real spam (injection or abusives links ...)

. I wonder if i can submit the IP to spamcop ?

. what kind of punishment could i give to the computer ?

(i tried a '10 times java scri_pt window.alert') - indeed i would like the spammer's computer to 'die' instantly :rolleyes::blush:

I understand that it is better to let the spammer ignoring he is detected !

but .. you can easily understand the nervous breakdown the spam

can sometimes do !

Thanks for any feedback :):)

Vince

... - indeed i would like the spammer's computer to 'die' instantly :rolleyes::blush:
Ah Vince, already you have won our hearts! SpamCop has no access to such methods, it exists to find the source of email spam and to manage a blocklist based on the IP addresses of persistent offenders. True, as Steven has said, you can use a SpamCop reporting account to access the facilities here to find reporting addresses.

Another place to look for tools and information to assist you is the Rahul Net spam Tracking Page and there are others. I found that link from the excellent Spamhuntress Wiki (Wiki Main Page). There is also a modest section concerning research tools in these forums at Research Tools.

I am a french webmaster, and i am more and more attacked by spam injection / spam formular

within my websites i made :(

Of course, i have protected the forms, but, i wonder what i can do when i have detected

real spam (injection or abusives links ...)

If I understand your message, you are concerned about blog spam (or wiki spam. guestbook spam etc.). SpamCop is primarily a tool for e-mail spam, so it may not do you much good per se.

However, it is not hard to dig around on your own and get the information you need to report the spammers. For this, you will want to learn how to use three very important network tools: host/nslookup, whois, and dig. host/nslookup will tell you the IP associated with a host name (and sometimes vice-versa), whois will tell you who operates an IP address (or when used with domain names, who has registered for the domain), and dig will give you some more detailed DNS-related info.

In addition to the suggestions by Farelf, I can offer my own poor website at http://www.rickconner.net/spamweb/tools-home.html which provides info on these and other tools.

Can you make the computer die instantly? Maybe, if you know how. But recall that the offending party is a person and not a computer. Very often we find that the computers used in spam belong to innocent parties suffering from virus infestation, etc. The best way to proceed (in my opinion) is to try to have the spammer's resources taken away from him by reporting the abuse to the proper sources. This may not be instantly effective, but it does work if you hang in there.

Bon Chance,

-- rick

You can not, if I understand your problem, use spamcop to report these attempts. You could use spamcop to determine the reporting addresses then send manual reports.

Ok, lets try to be effective :

1- the spammer, (or spam robot i guess) is using a computer (windows ??) and a browser (or a dedicated software ??)

2- HE (i am sure that it is 'he' not 'her', i trust in women :) ), so, he is surfing websites

searching for GOOD FORMS to spam or to inject ... doing its job of course !

3- He find a GOOD FORM, then he spams it : by injecting html code like 'URL=' , 'href=', or 'http://',

or injecting code for mail protocol such as 'Content-Type' .... the worst ....

4- So, as an aware webmaster, i survey the activity and receive a copy of this spam,

5- I decide to filter the mailbody to find any of these HTML code, of course, i suggest strongly to users not to include html code AT ALL !

6- when the spammer comes back and submits another form, i know HE IS THERE, it is like surprising a robber on the fact, in obvious offence ...

7- the informations i have are the classic $_SERVER in PHP

8- ... and at this moment, i feel sad, and asking myself .... god, is it possible to cath physically this computer-robot-spammer

thanks for your kind presence :) :)

Bon Chance,

-- rick

Thanks Rick, i better understand the whole problem ;)

it is like the 'genuine windows tools', it cannot says 'your licence is not genuine, go to jail, now ! (or pay something....)

Vince

Archived