9 pinned items!

PeterJ

JeffG or anyone else who has control of these forums:

Please take all of the 9 pinned items in SpamCop Help and move them somewhere else and have a single pinned item in SpamCop Help that links a user to them. Look at the MozillaZine Forums for ideas on this if they are needed. An example would be the FireFox General forum that has a single "sticky" item that points to FAQs.

Currently the SpamCop Help entry page is the most cluttered. Better to act now to organize this stuff.

I think there should be another forum for "Why Am I blocked" and then there wouldn't be so many pinned FAQ in either.

There doesn't seem to much chit chat so possibly the Lounge could be General Discussion and the Test be Why Am I Blocked?

It is cluttered, but if there are not more rational division of fora, then perhaps one pinned FAQ that goes to Reporting Help questions and one for Why Am I blocked which has links to WAIB questions plus the Spamcop doesn't send virus (or is that still necessary?)

Miss Betsy

In a perfect world, we wouldn't need SpamCop because there would be no spammers. Now back to reality...

In a somewhat less perfect world, I think there would be one Pinned Topic pointing to the FAQ Section for each Forum. We're not there yet, as the Forums don't have FAQ Sections. I believe JT is working on the FAQ Sections, and the FAQ which will contain them.

On the other hand, I think Miss Betsy's idea for a "Why Am I Blocked" Forum has merit. It could not only help to better support those who are blocked, but also give them one place to look for better ways to form their questions.

Archived