Barracuda Spam firewall configuration

mrmaxx

I am in a discussion with an admin who swears her Barracuda Networks spam firewall is configured correctly because she's bouncing spam back to the reply-to address. I've sent her a spam complaint (as allowed by SpamCop) and she wont' change it because she wants her customers to know when they've been blocked by the firewall. This is a laudable goal. However, I wish she would send the bounce *before* accepting the email, not after. This is what SpamCop (and pretty much all other legit spam fighting organizations recommend.)

I'm wondering if this is something that is configurable on her end or if this is something that the Barracuda can't handle for her? If it is configurable, would someone be willing to write up a nice how-to so I can forward it to her? I would think it would make a great FAQ for the SpamCop how-to archives. (HINT, HINT! <G>)

Thanks!

P.S. Admins -- sorry if this is in the wrong area, but it was the best place I could figure. Please feel free to move it to the correct area.

<snip>

P.S. Admins -- sorry if this is in the wrong area, but it was the best place I could figure. Please feel free to move it to the correct area.

...How about here (Geek/Tech Things | Software Issues)? :)

...If the Admin or a fellow Moderator would prefer a different location, please go ahead and move this.

...How about here (Geek/Tech Things | Software Issues)? :)

...If the Admin or a fellow Moderator would prefer a different location, please go ahead and move this.

Works for me... I just thought since it involved spam and black lists, the SCBL forum might be good, but this works too. :)

• 10 months later...

The Barracuda spam Firewall is a Linux based anti spam network appliance dedicated to fighting spam and viruses. Unlike Postgrey which greatly reduces spam but at a cost of delays to your mail, the Barracuda spam Firewall performs a battery of test to eliminate spam without any costly delay.

Archived