SpamCop & Headers

celticson

I am using Thunderbird mail, and I am able to open all the headers. I do this, and post it on SpamCop. For the last several week, SpamCop reports back that: No source IP found.

This has been going on for some time and I don't understand why SpamCop is not finding the information. Please advise.

Celticson

I am using Thunderbird mail, and I am able to open all the headers. I do this, and post it on SpamCop. For the last several week, SpamCop reports back that: No source IP found.

This has been going on for some time and I don't understand why SpamCop is not finding the information. Please advise.

Can you post a tracking URL next time you get one? It is at the head of the reporting page and it looks like this:

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1278858904z5...a3c894ca788d6ez

Alternatively you can "forward as attachment" (select up to 20 spam at a time) to your SC submit address - it is shown on the page where you have been pasting in spam - "Forward your spam to: submit.someLongCode[at]spam.spamcop.net" with [at] in place of [at]

And, you can search these forums (search box at the top of each forum page) to find previous discussion on "No source IP found"

Finally, you can have a look at the FAQs to see if anything is helpful FAQ Entry: "Header incomplete, aborting." and "No, source IP address found, cannot proceed. might be one to look at. And there is quite a bit about "forward as attachment" submitting by email if that seems hard - if you do more than one at a time it is far more efficeient than pasting them in one by one.

Thanks for taking the time, I will do this the next time I start getting spam. I have not been getting for over a year, and then someone started writing me using INCREDIMAIL, that I believe is an e-mail gathering program that sells the email addresses of it's users and of those to whom they write.

See also in the How to Use ... Forum section .... How to use Thunderbird to report multiple emails, One users step by step example ... noting that someone recently ranted a bit that this was written up using an old version of Thunderbird .. yet as seen, no 'newer' instructions have yet been provided by anyone ....

Note also, part of the 'quoting process' is to snip/emove anything nor needing to exist in that response ... in this case, the entire previous post being quoted within your reply seems basically useless, seeing as the previous post exists firectly above your post in the 'normal' display here .. and both posts would fit vertically on one screen (made more true by snipping out the unneeded quoted material in your last post) This is some of the stuff addressed within the Forum FAQ

Archived