Feature Request: Can you display Held Mail in a table?

bseymour

I'd like to suggest that the Held Mail page display it's information in a table. That would make it easier for me to visually scan the page and identify items by email address, blocking organization, etc. etc.

Making it sortable/filterable would be even cooler.

Any idea if this could be done?

And as I posted over in the newsgroups ......

There still exists a spamcop.mail newsgroup .. however, see the page at

http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/SpamCopNewsgroups

I had already posted a Reply to your spamcop.help post .... repeated here;

New Feature Request

A Forum for possible features / changes to the codebase or user interface

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showforum=10

under the SpamCop Email System & Accounts section of the

single-page access expanded version of the SpamCop FAQ,

one would also find the links pointed to in the usual

response to a suggestion like this ....

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2238

Why can't I receive any email?

Getting Mail From The SpamCop Email System

IMP/Horde FAQ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This last link has data on how and where to make suggestions on that set of tools .....

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

and the follow-up 'over there' .....

"Barry Seymour" wrote in message news:f00oum$nqp$1[at]news.spamcop.net...

> I appreciate both suggestions, but both are listed as 'peer to peer

> support groups.'

>

> I'll keep looking, thanks.

Technically, no different than these newsgroups .....

The 'guy' that provides the newsgroup, Forum, and e-mail account systems and support had chosen to make the Forum as the primary support venue for SpamCop.net e-mail accounts. The 'guy' that started SpamCop.net chose to introduce the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account in the Forum ... Everything else was added to support those that have issues / lack of knowledge/ lack of access to the other venues, such as these newsgroups.

But again, the tool you are asking to 'be improved' is a commercial product .. so you'd really want to start there ....

But again, the tool you are asking to 'be improved' is a commercial product .. so you'd really want to start there ....

That MIGHT not be the case as there is still the Held Email tab on the reporting account page (http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog).

If he were looking at the Held Mail folder within webmail, that already is presented in basically a sortable table format.

We were told quite a while ago however (don't know if it is still true) that there would be no new development of that page as JT was pushing using webmail for that type of access. I still use that page regularly, however, because the Forward as Attachment function of webmail has been broken for some time (introduces extra line feeds into the message) making full reporting impossible from within webmail.

That MIGHT not be the case as there is still the Held Email tab on the reporting account page (http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog).

I'm a bit confused ..... that URL, link, action nvokes a bit of a backdoor thing to the Reporting system .. definitely not a Horde/IMP/Courier thing ....

If he were looking at the Held Mail folder within webmail, that already is presented in basically a sortable table format.

I was more thinking that there were extra fields that were desired ... as I'll agree in that each column showing is sortable .... but this doesn't include things mentioned like "blocking organization" ...?????

We were told quite a while ago however (don't know if it is still true) that there would be no new development of that page as JT was pushing using webmail for that type of access. I still use that page regularly, however, because the Forward as Attachment function of webmail has been broken for some time (introduces extra line feeds into the message) making full reporting impossible from within webmail.

And that .. I thought he had fixed ...????

Just did a 'Forward' from spamcop to gmail .... one extra line inserted at both before and after the body, but the actual contents were not 'touched' ....???? I don't see what's there that would prevent parsing ...

Caveat: the only things I've gotten thus far in the Held folder have been the 'mailman' notifications of idiots tryng to post spam into the mailing lists/newsgroup archives (which then get moved back into the InBox via an IMAP connection) .... and this test was done by .. moving one of those back into the Held Folder to see the fields/display .. opening up that e-mail and then selecting the Forward action ....

OK .... went the other way, using the checkbox to select and then the Forward action ... OK, those get the extra line feeds .... so the 'bad' code appears to be the section that 'creates an attachment' of the original e-mail ....

I was more thinking that there were extra fields that were desired ... as I'll agree in that each column showing is sortable .... but this doesn't include things mentioned like "blocking organization" ...?????

Which are already provided in the heldlog version of Held messages, just not organized the way he suggested. (Sender, Subject, time, reason for redirection iinto the Held Mail folder)

I guess we just need to hear back from OP to determine which page he is interested in modifying.

Archived