Mailwasher Pro not sending spam reports??

doc_sandy

Greetings!

I am a subscriber of spam Cop.

I just upgraded Mailwasher to the latest version.

It transferred all of my previous settings to the new version, but ever since I upgraded, I have not received a single spam Cop autoresponder message (like this):

SpamCop is now ready to process your spam.

Use links to finish spam reporting (members use cookie-login please!):

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=aabbcc112233_etc

I have reported 50 or 60 spams in the past two days since I upgraded, but have not received a single auto responder message back.

Can someone please advise me what is happening to my reports, or why they are not getting sent?

Sandy

Seeing as you're the one tying the timing to your recent upgrade of a third-party app, one would want to ask what checking have you done on your box? For example, rolling back to the previous version of MailWasher and submitting some spam does what? Have you checked your account status, say by going to the web page and seeing if you're still able to log in under your existing account? How about something silly, like Mailwasher now set to send out bounces, a couple were sent back to SpamCop, and your account got whacked? Just a couple of things to look at, but you don't mention the results of any of these troubleshooting steps ...???

I do not use MailWasher (please do not use the "bounce feature"). IS there a log you can check to see if messages are being sent?

There are several other thread of people complaining that reports are not coming back. I use quick reporting from the webmail application and am getting replies regularly. I also submit by forwarding via email any that slip through the filters. Of the 4 I submitted yesterday, 2 were ready about 5 hours after submission along with the email stating they were ready and the other 2 have yet to show up.

There seems to be a problem, but probably NOT with your MailWasher program.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have fixed the problem

It was suggested to me that I should go to the SpamCop site and whitelist my mailhost.

I did and all is well again.

Wazoo, I did try those other steps and my account was "A OK"

I thank you for your efforts in assisting me with this. I appreciate it.

Sandy

Glad it's working, but I'm going to repeat Don's question from over in the newsgroup ... not that I expect you to have an answer .. but the connection between Mailwasher, mail-host, whitelist, etc. just doesn't seem to be an obvious, especially when your first complaint was "no response from SpamCop" ...

Archived