virus

sammm

Hi everyone, just need some help (if anyone can) my email box has in the last couple of days has stopped recieving emails and there is only one in there coming up as 'no subject' 'no subject' 01\01\1970, can someone help me, I cannot delete this email nor can I recieve any other emails but I can send emails and has since had 2 photos of myself (that obviously were in my computer somewhere) sent out to 2 private email adresses that I have no idea HOW.? PLEASE help, I have run norton anti virus software to no prevail. :

We will need specific detail about your installation/setup. What email application/client are you using (I might guess ThunderBird/Mozilla, but ...?). Sounds like you might be running Windows. What version? Does your provider POP mail to your desktop? Just how does your email work? What else (apart from the problem) has changed lately? All the things mentioned in [How-to] Post a Question, contained under Start Here - before you make your first Post (Yeah, I know, it's hard to read the fine print when the alligators are biting :) but we need to know stuff). FWIW that no subject 1970 date thing sounds like a fairly common occurrence that has nothing to do with a virus. I'm guessing the time it shows will be 10 am? Take a deep breath ...

As Farelf states, it's hard to work without data.

One bad e-mail, nothing since .. suggestion would be to contact your ISP and ask them to clear out your problem e-mail ... premise being that this one bad e-mail has eberything else hosed up. Tools are out there sucj that you could do this yourself, but .... no idea of your expertise, OS, etc.

sending out e-mails with pictures of myself .... this doen't sound like a 'virus' which is pretty much all the anti-virus tools would be looking for. Many tools exist to look for other ypes of malware, spyware, crapware are out there, but again, stuck without your background, system, etc.

Goung with the all-too-typical scenario of a Windows user with a compromised system, things like SpyBot - Search and Destroy, Ad-aware, even Microsoft's Defender (though again, stuck on what you may be using, as Microsoft finds it hard to admit to anything now but Vista ...)

Archived