New in here, need help... with my emails

doveditul

Hello,

This is my first post so bare with me....

BTW. the confirmation email from spamcop got into my junk folder at hotmail ... just so u know .. and i have the default spam filter running... wich brings me to my problem.

A while ago i got my own email server.

I've been working on a social networking site for over 2 years .. all by myself.. yeah a lot of time...

Now i am on the finish line .. and i am stuck at email sending.. for account confirmation upon signup.

All my emails get successfully in inbox on yahoo and AOL, the problem is Hotmail and Gmail.

on hotmail, although i have published spf records a while ago, all my emails do not have the X-SID-Result: Pass / Fail/ or..any .. nothing..

Now what is the matter with Hotmail ? i sent an innocent text message like "hi there" , "how are you " ...

And it got into my junk folder.

There must be something i am missing ... cause... i am blown away ...

If someone knows or has experience with this issue please let me know.

I will provide headers upon request.

Thank you

BTW. my ip, or domain is not on any spam lists.. so is clean.

If you are running your own server, there is a Domain Delivery Team (or some such) at hotmail to help you.

http://postmaster.hotmail.com/Troubleshooting.aspx

I have no idea how helpful they are, but when a newsletter I get was having trouble getting to hotmail (in spite of being whitelisted), that's where they referred me (or rather the sender of the newsletter).

Miss Betsy

Posting the headers of one of the messages in question would also help us in troubleshooting potential issues.

X-Message-Status: n:0

X-SID-PRA: Zone Personals<PRIVATE_ANTI_SPAM[at]zonepersonals.com>

X-Message-Info: txF49lGdW41KgT7GP9FPKGuf+hs5tYUldFZkYyUW1crlTs4hMPSlO431UKP7IBfs

Received: from mail.zonepersonals.com ([69.64.67.189]) by bay0-mc6-f2.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668);

Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:52:16 -0700

DKIM-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed;

d=zonepersonals.com; s=default;

h=Received:DomainKey-Signature:Received:date:return-path:to:from:reply-to:subject:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-type;

b=VgzlA15NHQ7t0rfyhBnQkgB6EQehufOsBhpoJiYikzqSQEhL4TYJjO5S60dpVfVin8Tw+7mJ5RCFjRi+KM2zAfzIccFrYOJIwC42CDB0C/0rNC/zvImxAuDB7r07Rfiy

Received: (qmail 3089 invoked from network); 7 Jun 2007 15:52:03 -0000

DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;

s=default; d=zonepersonals.com;

b=fWIxd4NttrB5vuMWDtg9fNk/TeztesI+Tg61EJ8rfyrrqB/ccFG6A5QTdh6LMUEZZmLk7OfrVjyBsg9mHtbnCNOG0u6Rf71fXU6hOVKd8IVKIl42Yqm+ZWSENyzX03QW ;

Received: from mta2.zonepersonals.com (PRIVATE_ANTI_SPAM[at]208.101.16.166)

by mail.zonepersonals.com with SMTP; 7 Jun 2007 15:52:02 -0000

date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:52:15 -0500

return-path: PRIVATE_ANTI_SPAM[at]zonepersonals.com

to: alexa_PRIVATE_ANTI_SPAM[at]hotmail.com

from: Zone Personals Admin <PRIVATE_ANTI_SPAM[at]zonepersonals.com>

reply-to: ZonePersonals Admin <PRIVATE_ANTI_SPAM[at]zonepersonals.com>

subject: Zone Personals invitation

mime-version: 1.0

content-transfer-encoding: 8bit

content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Message-ID: <BAY0-MC6-F2qDYa9oX400009232[at]bay0-mc6-f2.bay0.hotmail.com>

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 07 Jun 2007 15:52:16.0219 (UTC) FILETIME=[D261E2B0:01C7A91B]

Hi Alexa how is it going ?

</

Can't see anything to necessarily cause a problem there. Looking at the domain with dnsreport you've done a beautiful job of setting it all up. As you say, no sign of a listing anywhere on your sending IP address. There is some sort of a spam listing which includes mta2.zonepersonals.com [208.101.16.166] ( APEWS.ORG Databasetest) but I don't see how that could affect your message sending - unless hotmail "drills down" through the whole message train. That would be unnecessary/excessive in my view, but what do I know?

Can't see anything to necessarily cause a problem there. Looking at the domain with dnsreport you've done a beautiful job of setting it all up. As you say, no sign of a listing anywhere on your sending IP address. There is some sort of a spam listing which includes mta2.zonepersonals.com [208.101.16.166] ( APEWS.ORG Databasetest) but I don't see how that could affect your message sending - unless hotmail "drills down" through the whole message train. That would be unnecessary/excessive in my view, but what do I know?

Thank you, I did my best..

well one thing i can tell you.. I've never sent spam .. in my life .... maybe the prev owner of the ip i have on my server did ..

anyone can tell me Why on hotmail i don't see the SID-Result: ??? although i have published the spf ?

...well one thing i can tell you.. I've never sent spam .. in my life .... maybe the prev owner of the ip i have on my server did ..
Sorry to but in again but that APEWS is "next to SPEWS", works the same way, keeps "escalating" issues by increasing the blocking range. Listing there currently covers 208.101.0.0/18 so the listing is absolutely no evidence that your specific IP address is spamming or ever has spammed. If hotmail is using that or something like it then they are delinquent in their responsibility to the 'netizenary' of the world. I don't know if they are, but from the experience you report they're doing something.

Repeating your request so as to "keep it on top"

...anyone can tell me Why on hotmail i don't see the SID-Result: ??? although i have published the spf ?

Archived