Automatically Purging Held Mail

mh88

It would be nice if there was an option to automatically purge held mail over say 30 days old. I use POP and SMTP mostly and do not log into webmail to much normally to purge it and it grows huge. Actually I would like any messages over 7 days old purged from both heldmail and trash folders.

Another thing is it would be nice if we had spamassassin updated to 3.2.1 on all the smtp servers.

And another option I would like to is to just move all messages that spamassassin scores over 5 to held mail and all those that score over 10 be just thrown away or rejected at smtp time. Due to multi-recipient messages rejecting at smtp time can be tricky though.

Matt

It would be nice if there was an option to automatically purge held mail over say 30 days old. I use POP and SMTP mostly and do not log into webmail to much normally to purge it and it grows huge. Actually I would like any messages over 7 days old purged from both heldmail and trash folders.

There are settings under Preferences dealing with "Maintenance Actions: ... but note that this is all tied to "logging in" ....

And another option I would like to is to just move all messages that spamassassin scores over 5 to held mail and all those that score over 10 be just thrown away or rejected at smtp time. Due to multi-recipient messages rejecting at smtp time can be tricky though.

This is all trying to fight the premise that "no e-mail will be lost" on this system.

Another thing is it would be nice if we had spamassassin updated to 3.2.1 on all the smtp servers.

Please see SpamAssassin v3.1.0 on one spam, and v.3.1.1 on another? .. and again, I'll point out that SpammAssassin isn't a stand-alone tool. everything else on the server has to marry up. As stated there, I'd like to update some of the stuff on 'this' server but cannot, as other tools would then break.

Archived