Whoops! Spammer goof

rconner

I wonder if a competent web slueth could use fragments of that code to track down the actual computer used to assemble the message? I mean Googling bits of the code produces all sorts of hits on hijacked blogs as well as reported email and the like, all forming a volume of "observations" which some folk might be capable of analysing, corellating with traffic patterns, etc.

Nah, just fantasy isn't it? Too much "NCIS" and the like. Just a passing fancy it would be nice to take the fight to the actual lair of the perpetrator. Where's Abigail Sciuto when you need her?

I wonder if a competent web slueth could use fragments of that code to track down the actual computer used to assemble the message?

Sorry to confess to the un-American crime of not watching television, but I can't vouch for NCIS or Ms. Scuito. However, I have myself cast a more critical eye over some of this data.

I couldn't find much that would identify particular networks or servers, apart from an entry that apparently defines what nameservers the software is supposed to use:

dns_list {
}

...pointing respectively to Comcast and Earthlink NSs.

We have a username and password that maybe we might use if we knew where:

http_user = yoshi
http_pass = yoshi1980

Happy 27th birthday, Yoshi.

Here's some info about proxies:

new_proxy_file = /home/dist/proxies.new
proxy_delete_bad_on_start = true
proxies_alloc = 55000

Wow, making room for 55,000 zombies? And, wouldn't you (or the FBI) like to have a peek at /home/dist/proxies.new?

Here are some interesting entries related to realtime block lists. I've no idea what they mean:

rbl_penalty = 0
rbl_penalty_blockset = 0
rbl_expiry = 0

Most of the rest seems to be tuning for the executable: thread control, connection control, etc.

No idea what kind of bulker software this is, or where it is running.

-- rick

A little googling shows that yoshi1980, bless his little cotton socks, is quite one of the most talked-about spammers on the Internet at the moment. His little blunder is being relished far and wide.

Apart from this I noticed that there is also a yoshi1980 on a German singles website.

Archived