Spammers using my domain

t_ras

I have an email server which can not even be used from out side.

The problem is that some one is sending mail identifying his self as my domain (some_fake_mail[at]my_real.domain) and I get all the "undeliverable" messages.

I can also see the IP from which it was sent, which is defenetly not mine.

Any idea how to take care of it?

Thanks

I have an email server which can not even be used from out side.

The problem is that some one is sending mail identifying his self as my domain (some_fake_mail[at]my_real.domain) and I get all the "undeliverable" messages.

I can also see the IP from which it was sent, which is defenetly not mine.

Any idea how to take care of it?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "cannot be used from out side," so I'm going to pass on that question until you can post some more detailed info.

The question of from-address forgery comes up a lot here, so a good place to start reading would be this topic from the SpamCop FAQ.

Also, if you use a catchall e-mail address for your domain, you should discontinue it (or tell your mail provider to discontinue it), which will keep you from getting all the bounces to non-existent addresses.

-- rick

Also, if you use a catchall e-mail address for your domain, you should discontinue it (or tell your mail provider to discontinue it), which will keep you from getting all the bounces to non-existent addresses.

I second that motion! :-)

The "catch-all" address function is no longer a good idea.

DT

Archived