Charter.net blocks spam submissions because they contain spam???

craigt

SpamCop FAQ - links at the top of this very page

Jump/scroll down to the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service section

scroll down until you see;

E-mail Submittal Problems / Issues

E-Mail spam submittals blocked by your ISP? Updated!

Emailed spam Submissions Disappearing? No Confirmation e-mails?

Wazoo -- thanks but I was referring to a manual submission to charter.net. The mail got to their domain and was rejected for spam content (I wonder what the purpose of their 'abuse' address is?).

Other places, other things ... some folks don't accept anything with attachments, so the complaint has to be sent with all content "in-line" .... others got to the point that they felt that the 'abuse' address was being over-run and / or attacked, so the actual complaint address was changed to something non-standard.

<snip>

some folks don't accept anything with attachments, so the complaint has to be sent with all content "in-line" .... others got to the point that they felt that the 'abuse' address was being over-run and / or attacked, so the actual complaint address was changed to something non-standard.

...If either of these is the case, they're not saying so:

How do I report an incident of Internet abuse? (on Charter Support web page).

I do quite a bit of manual reporting (re spam sources, spam included in-line) and find I'm getting a few percent rejections nominated for "spam content". Almost as many reject with "mailbox full" messages. If I have time I check the abuse addresses and I often send to postmaster. Occasionally their auto-acks say they want the spam forwarded only (which is essentially what I did). I'm not concerned if it fails at any point, I figure then that they really don't want to know, or not badly enough, and that they're going to be making their mark on numerous blacklists as a consequence.

Archived