Webmail "Report as Spam" false start

Tommy

I just looked around and didn't see a topic exactly like this...

The FIRST time I "Report as spam" a batch of messages in webmail's Held Mail folder, it says they have been reported and deleted, but the screen redraws to show my Inbox and activates the Inbox filters, even though the Held icon is still highlighted.

When I switch back to the Held folder (by clicking the icon), the supposedly reported and deleted messages are still in Held Mail. Subsequent "Report as spam" processes work as expected until I log out and log in anew. I have NOT checked to see if the first batch actually got reported (so those messages would be processed twice).

For this to happen it MIGHT be necessary to have more messages in Held Mail than are visible on the screen. I have webmail set to display only 40 messages at a time to accommodate a web tablet I use. Tonight I had 100 messages in Held Mail, so I "reported" the first 40 twice, then got the rest in two more reporting batches.

I presume it's a Horde IMP issue, not related to the IMAP servers.

I have been seeing this behavior for several weeks, maybe a month. Actually it MIGHT correspond to me reducing the number of messages I display at a time. 20 seems ideal for my little web tablet but it's annoying. Lately the behavior has seemed fairly consistent, and it STILL is happening tonight (my first login after the IMAP upgrade).

I just looked around and didn't see a topic exactly like this...

The FIRST time I "Report as spam" a batch of messages in webmail's Held Mail folder, it says they have been reported and deleted, but the screen redraws to show my Inbox and activates the Inbox filters, even though the Held icon is still highlighted.

A couple of recent Topics .... many ancient ones on this display/folder issue

When I switch back to the Held folder (by clicking the icon), the supposedly reported and deleted messages are still in Held Mail. Subsequent "Report as spam" processes work as expected until I log out and log in anew. I have NOT checked to see if the first batch actually got reported (so those messages would be processed twice).

even addressed by Trevor in his replies on other recent/current discussions .... some of those replies / answers are directly related, others are 'connected' .... I talked to this one directly by telling a story about the California servers talking to the Georgia servers with your computer sitting off to the side .... nothing going on there to tell your computer to refresh the screen ...

I presume it's a Horde IMP issue, not related to the IMAP servers.

At this point, I can't really tell from Trevor's posts myself. He has not brought Horde/IMP into the picture at all .....

I have been seeing this behavior for several weeks, maybe a month. Actually it MIGHT correspond to me reducing the number of messages I display at a time. 20 seems ideal for my little web tablet but it's annoying. Lately the behavior has seemed fairly consistent, and it STILL is happening tonight (my first login after the IMAP upgrade).

Along that line, I believe it has been suggested elsewhere that the displayed list being increased solved / helped some activities .... yes, you state that the Tablet interface doesn't really allow this ...

This is one of those that I would normally merge into an existing Discussion, but you've touched on several issues .. hard to pick just one ..... it's getting to the point where I am contemplating opening up another Forum section to just deal with the current WebMail application problems.

UPDATE -- I have NOT seen this behavior since after the day I mentioned it... maybe there has been a fix inserted "behind the scenes" or ... ?

I've only been online briefly in the past three days, but as I said, the problem WAS happening the FIRST time I reported spam after logging in, and it has not happened at all lately.

UPDATE -- I have NOT seen this behavior since after the day I mentioned it... maybe there has been a fix inserted "behind the scenes" or ... ?

It's hard for a data collector / aggregator like me to piece this all together. In another Topic, a couple of folks state that another issue has been cleared up for them .. yet someone makes a post in the newsgroups that the problem just showed up for them and is still occurring ....????

That said, thanks for the feedback ....

In another Topic, a couple of folks state that another issue has been cleared up for them .. yet someone makes a post in the newsgroups that the problem just showed up for them and is still occurring ....????

UPDATE... it just happened again ... this time on the first login of the day from a DIFFERENT browser... and this time I only had 14 messages in the held mail folder, so it wasn't "full."

This bug isn't a "show stopper" or even as much an annoyance as the reordering/renumbering has been but given the other instabilities that have developed over the last month or so, I didn't want it to get lost IF the symptom is significant.

I probably won't be updating this thread unless I find a way to control the behavior (either way!).

Archived