Color email addresses in heldlog

svanslyck

I use Firefox. Firefox uses a file called userChrome.css to change webpage appearance for links, etc..

On a spamcop heldmail page, each message is listed, and the subject is bolded in black. I'm told that the html is not going to get any further attention. Problem is, the alleged sender's email address is shown but is not bolded or set apart in any way, making the email addresses difficult to pick out on scanning the page.

I would like a solution (ideally a userChrome.css modification) that will simply locate these email "non-links" (i.e., I think they have no mailto in the code) and colorize or bold them or something so that they are visually different.

Any thoughts on how to do this?, either via modifying the userChrome.css, using greasemonkey, or using the Stylish extension for Firefox?

I don't see the "Suggestion" or "Topics" offered in this query. Therefore, with this post, moving to the Geeks - Software Issues Forum section (as it's not an actual 'problem' with the Horde/IMP/WebMail application)

Was posted into: SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > Suggested Tools and Applications

A Forum for pointing to those neat fixes and solutions that we've all been looking for. Free is great, open-source even better. Noting issues with Spyware/Adware would also be appreciated.

Any thoughts on how to do this?, either via modifying the userChrome.css, using greasemonkey, or using the Stylish extension for Firefox?

There is no style element for just the email addresses, so you can't do it with userchrome. Looks like it would be simple enough to do something with Greasemonkey though. The addresses should be fairly easy to pick out as they sit just between a closing strong tag used for the index number of the mail and an opening strong tag for the subject. Since the 1st tag always has a "]" before it and the second is always proceeded by a "(", pattern matching should be simple.

]</strong>address[at]example.invalid (<strong>Subject

Edit to add:

An XPath tutorial might be useful for you too.

Since the 1st tag always has a "]" before it and the second is always proceeded by a "(", pattern matching should be simple.

]</strong>address[at]example.invalid (<strong>Subject

How/where do I do this?

Edited by moderator (Steve T) to correct quote.

Archived