No source IP address found, cannot proceed

privateer3

Sorry if this thread exists, I tried to search for it.

Many times when I submit a spam report using MailWasher, or even cutting and pasting the entire message source, Spamcop returns a page which says "No source IP address found, cannot proceed".

Is there somewhere on that page I get more information about how to process the spam? Is the message stored somewhere so I can see the full source and report it manually?

Since spamcop won't process these messages, the spammers keep sending them.

All that "View Past Reports" has for them is entries like this :

Submitted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:54:25 AM -0500:

ONLINE GRANT PROMOTION!!!!!

No reports filed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:38:46 AM -0500:

Hi, cattily Pharannaczy

No reports filed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:38:10 AM -0500:

RE: instancy, VlAbGRA

No reports filed

Did you look in the SpamCop FAQ linked at the top of every page here in the forums? There is an entry on the first page with a line: "Header incomplete, aborting." and "No source IP address found, cannot proceed." which links to: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=826 which is a rather short entry now that I look at it.

There are many other threads if you use the search at the very top of the forum with the phrase "No source IP address". That search pulled up: Results 1 - 10 of about 2,090 from forum.spamcop.net for No source IP address. (0.24 seconds)

Beyond that, we will need to see a tracking URL for one of these messages. Depending on whether you have MailHosts configured or not, sometimes these errors do not present you with the link in the body of the page,

P.S. Just realized I never posted this before leaving for errands so some of these things may already have been posted by others.

Three days with no follow-up, no further data provided, nothing about issues with the FAQ and/or Wiki .. nothing about data in the How to Use ... Forum section .... nothing about the boat-loads of exisitng Topics/Discussions on the same subject .... gee whiz, was there really a desire for someone to try to offer up some assitance?

Is the message stored somewhere so I can see the full source and report it manually?

Not only are the tools in use not identified (beyond MailWasher) but .... what does this question actually mean? If one cannot 'see the full source' just how does one perform the described ' cutting and pasting the entire message source' action?

Archived