Reporting with Correct Email Account

After looking at SpamCop Website Setups I feel I am not sure if I have my Outlook Express Email account information set up correctly for the SpamCop program

At the moment I am receiving the odd spam messages into my main Email account xxxxxx[at]optusnet.com.au and have only setup/configugured registered with SpamCop my other account [in my own name] ******[at]optusnet.com.au to send/receive emails to/from SpamCop [Yes! Optus allows me to use/setup 5 extra Email accounts in my contract]

The account of ******[at]optusnet.com.au is not receiving any spam at all!

Now the question is should one be using my "Main" account xxxxxx[at]optusnet.com.au which is receiving the spam to be configured to receive/send/and return the necessary spam reports to SpamCop?

If I do have to change the Email account where do I go to do same?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but I believe you want to know if you need to setup each email address for Mailhosts. If that is the case, the answer is no, you only need to setup mailhosts one time for each domain, in this case, optusnet.com.au. Once configured for that domain, it doesn't care which individual address you use to submit spam. In fact, you can submit spam from all of your email addresses without any problems.

After looking at SpamCop Website Setups I feel I am not sure if I have my Outlook Express Email account information set up correctly for the SpamCop program

And since you posted this in the Email account: it may be that you want to forward or POP from your spammed optusnet account and have SpamCop forward back to your clean optusnet account, then POP with Outlook Express from there. Or you can simply forward all accounts to spamcop and POP SPamCop with Outlook Express.

You do not want to use the same account for incoming and outgoing or you will create a loop which will cause problems.

Please clarify what you want to happen.

I'm guessing that the query has nothing to do with a SpamCop.net e-mail account .. thereby suggesting that this Topic should be moved to either the Reporting Help or the MailHost Configuration Forum sections. Will have to wait for the Topic Starter to actually define the item/situation in question ....

The way I read the question, the ISP allows several e-mail accounts to be 'generated' under one Hosting account .... so the question is that the user Registered/Generated a Reporting Account at www.spamcop.net, using ISP e-mail address #1 ..... Isp e-mail account #3 receives no spam. The question seems to suggest that ISP e-mail account #2 is receiving spam and the questions is, can spam received under ISP e-mail account #2 be reported through the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting Account generated under ISP e-mail Account #1 ... The answer to that query would be "yes" .....

And, if the question does turn out to be a MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account issue, the answer would also be "yes" .. as the same mailhosts are in the chain for either e-mail address involved.

Archived