User Notification field question

PaulKTF

I just bought fuel and now I see the User Notification field- can anyone tell me wha that's used for? In other words, who else (other than the people hostin gthe spammer) should I send reports to? I've left that field blank so far because I don't know what I should put in there (if anything).

Thanks for any help. :)

The SpamCop Wiki has a number of How I use SpamCop.net pages, some of these cover this area.

This Forum and the newsgroups are rife with people still complaining about the limits placed on this field, because folks want to send out many more copies of the spam report. The normal answer is that previous users are the ones that caused the limits on that field to be put into place, to help stop the use of the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting system in an abusive fashion.

There is also the question of folks adding in other target addresses, but .... never bothering to think about or ask if a SpamCop.net Report is actually of any value to the recipient. For example, that much data is munged in that outgoing report, some folks find those reports useless for things like legal action/purposes.

Point being, much data exists (actually your next complaint might be that there's too much data available) and can be found using the search tools provided at the top of this page. Again, the Forum and the newsgroups can be queried, a number of Wiki links will also show up here and there due to some issues with the search query used against the Goggle database.

... your next complaint might be that there's too much data available...
That's an excellent point. If it was me, I would be thinking about KnujOn for spamvertized links and anything appropriate from the SpamLinks pages (FDA, SEC, etc) - but, as has been said, there are lots of other ideas.

That's an excellent point. If it was me, I would be thinking about KnujOn for spamvertized links and anything appropriate from the SpamLinks pages (FDA, SEC, etc) - but, as has been said, there are lots of other ideas.

Ah, but it's those 'government' pages that I was suggesting as to "munged data is of little value" ....

Archived