has my ip ever been listed in bl.spamcop.net

Could you please tell me if this ip 193.200.165.3 has ever been listed in your black list database i have an issue with an internet provider from my country (Romania) in Targu Mures who blocked a branch office from sending mail to the central office in Bucharest saying that "we found your ip on spamcop blacklist..." as i recall my domain dita.ro was listed in blacklist an year ago under this ip 193.230.176.227 under good reason we had viruses on our lan but we solved that problem a long time ago.

Thank You

Bogdan Mihailescu

Network and System Admistrator

Hopefully a paying member will check the record and respond. Not listed on SC now of course (or on anything vide http://www.robtex.com/rbl/193.200.165.3.html). The whole point of the SCbl is that listing is about as transitory as any spamrun. Any provider wishing to block on reputation should use a proper reputation score system, not any transitory listing on SC.

Some server administrators use the 'spamcop message' for all blocklists that they use. Some server administrators have 'private' blocklists. Obviously, the server administrator who is blocking you is not using a current time blocklist.

The spamcop blocklist should not be used as a permanent blocklist. The whole point of the spamcop blocklist is to stop spam (or viruses or other unsolicited bulk email) during a spam run, not to identify spammers. Reports are sent to alert the owner of the IP address that there is a problem. Owners of the IP address are expected to respond by fixing the problem - as you did. For IP addresses that are constantly sending spam and ignoring complaints, there are other blocklists that are more effective.

Good Luck in convincing the internet service provider that he is the one who has a problem, not you!

Miss Betsy

Parsing input: 193.200.165.3

No recent reports, no history available

Looks like the answer is no, but a definitive answer would need to come from the deputies.

Although reports, as currently configured, would go to:

bogdan.mihailescu[at]dita.ro

constantin.cucu[at]dita.ro

that may not have always been the case (though I suspect it has been for that IP address) and in the case of spamtrap hits there are no reports (though some sort of notification might be expected when actually tipped onto the SCbl?).

Anyway, definitive answer from deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net (or perhaps SpamCop Admin, if he offers).

Archived