Checking if reporting email is already in blocklist?

eger

When asking to become a spam trap contributer someone replied to me and let me know that out of the past reports I had been sending only 1 was not already caught by current spam traps.

My question is how can I tell if what I am reporting is already in lists? I always check if it is listed in the databases and it is always not listed. I see:

85.154.4.28 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org

85.154.4.28 not listed in cbl.abuseat.org

85.154.4.28 not listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net

85.154.4.28 not listed in accredit.habeas.com

85.154.4.28 not listed in plus.bondedsender.org

85.154.4.28 not listed in iadb.isipp.com

I also use the spamcop DNSBL so email coming in would mean that it is not in the block list correct? I try and only report spam just minutes after it comes in on my honeypot address.

I am just wondering if only 1 email that I have reported in the past out of many has not actually been spotted then why do I receive so many that the DNSBL is not blocking?

When asking to become a spam trap contributer someone replied to me

In general, any reply from the paid-staff includes a signature, such that one would know just which Admin/Deputy/etc. had answerd your e-mail. Your "someone replied" suggests that your response did not come from anyone associated with SpamCop.net.

My question is how can I tell if what I am reporting is already in lists? I always check if it is listed in the databases and it is always not listed. I see:

None of these have anything to do with the SpamCopDNSBL. There are literally thousands of BLs out there, the reason there are so many is because they all operate using different rules/procedures/data.

I also use the spamcop DNSBL so email coming in would mean that it is not in the block list correct?

What is the SpamCop Blocking List (SCBL)?

I try and only report spam just minutes after it comes in on my honeypot address.

I am wondering why the word "only" is in that sentence ....????

I am just wondering if only 1 email that I have reported in the past out of many has not actually been spotted then why do I receive so many that the DNSBL is not blocking?

See the above referenced link, work the math (on your 1 email) ....

I also use the spamcop DNSBL so email coming in would mean that it is not in the block list correct? I try and only report spam just minutes after it comes in on my honeypot address.

Not sure when you check but it is listed:

CBL The CBL - Composite Blocking List: cbl.abuseat.org -> 127.0.0.2

Blocked - see http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=85.154.4.28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPAMCOP SpamCop Blocking List: bl.spamcop.net -> 127.0.0.2

Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?85.154.4.28

Not sure when you check but it is listed:

SPAMCOP SpamCop Blocking List: bl.spamcop.net -> 127.0.0.2

Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?85.154.4.28

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 20 hours.

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times in the past week

Archived