Is there anyway to figure out if a particular report is filed by me

kamaraju

...Does the "past reports" menu show only my reports ...
Yes, just yours. You log in to see/use that option and the reports displayed are all yours. Were they not, the list would be building up at around 40/s.

Yes, just yours. You log in to see/use that option and the reports displayed are all yours. Were they not, the list would be building up at around 40/s.

Thanks. I am pretty sure, I did not report id:3027522143 . If I go to "past reports" and broswe there, it is not present. However, If I search for it using "jump to report ID" then I get a hit. This makes me wonder whether I reported this or not. Can you please clarify?

... However, If I search for it using "jump to report ID" then I get a hit. This makes me wonder whether I reported this or not. Can you please clarify?
When I do the same I get the reports for that run displayed too - but WITHOUT an active link for 3027522143. Only the spamvertized report links are active (and they don't have the full parse or original spam detail). If you have an active link for 3027522143 and you can actually pull up the detail then you (supposedly) reported it. Or something broke, but I wouldn't think that likely (confidentiality aspects being robust, to put it mildly).

[on edit - another check would be to send yourself a query using the (report no).[at]reports.spamcop.net - but DON'T do that unless you can see the detail on the link from 3027522143 (else you'll just be pestering the real reporter who might take exception). But if you get the famous "Are you a robot? challenge from SC as a result, you will know you are, quite thoroughly recorded as, the reporter of record.]

...[but if you get the famous "Are you a robot? challenge from SC as a result, you will know you are, quite thoroughly recorded as, the reporter of record.]
Well, that's not right, it's the nest stage, when your query gets relayed to your registered address, THEN you know. You might need to use a separate address from which to initiate the query, can't really see why but I don't actually know. But, again, I wouldn't recommend this process unless you're already pretty sure, as in being able to access the full parse detail for that report. Just use it make sure nothing is broken (or if it is, it's very comprehensively broken). Well something else would be broken if it is not listed amongst your past reports but I'm not seeing that as a high probability.

Oh, yes, should have thought of it earlier - if you are logged in to members.spamcop.net and you try the link

http://members.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=get...rtid=3027522143

only the reporter of that will/should be able to access, others will get

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this message.

Cool! This tells me that I am also not authorized. So it must have been someone else.

BTW, Do we have to remember this link (other than the ID number) or is there any web page from which we get directed to this link?

thanks

raju

...BTW, Do we have to remember this link (other than the ID number) or is there any web page from which we get directed to this link?
The /mcgi?action=gettrack&reportid=nnnnnnnnnn thing? Thats the link when you click on a report record in your Past Reports history. You can just grab one at random (IP address report) and change the report ID in the browser address window. It is not a menu item anywhere that I can think of.

Past Reports tab

View recent reports link

Select an IP address report

Steve

Is there any way to figure out if the spamcop id:3027522143 was from me or from someone else?
If you want to email me your login username (email address), I can tell if you reported it or not.

Email me at: service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Please do not PM (Personal Message) me through this forum.

Does the "past reports" menu show only my reports or does it show all the reports?
If you put any reportID into the "Past Reports" box, SpamCop will show you some details about that report.

If you want to see only *your* past reports, you should use the link that says, "View recent reports."

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Moderator edit:

Edited misleading line "Please do PM (Personal Message) me through this forum."

Changed to "Please do not PM (Personal Message) me through this forum."

See following post by Don

If you put any reportID into the "Past Reports" box, SpamCop will show you some details about that report.

If you want to see only *your* past reports, you should use the link that says, "View recent reports."

Thanks. This clarifies everything.

raju

Archived