The insanity of some folks

Wazoo

Sitting here code-whacking, chasing down various errors, basically driving myself silly. Decided to check e-mail and saw a PM notification from another (almost forgotten) Forum. Wierd, to say the least. One of my 'failed' attempts at providing yet another FAQ tool way back when included me making a single post into that support Forum back on 20 November 2005

I noted upon login at that Forum;

Welcome, Wazoo.

You last visited: 12-04-2006 at 08:26 AM

Wondering just what the attraction may be that garnered me the PM spam;

Re: Wazoo

---

Hey,

What's up?

---

Patricia

ht tp://

patricia.

hub.

io

URL obviously broken.

I gave up trying to find a working 'Contact Us' link, ending up with contacting User #3 (#1 had made no posts, #2 didn't exist) .. included my complaint about their FAQ containg no usefull data on spam, bad PMs, Admin or Moderator lists, etc.

Of course, this in contrast (or maybe not) to an incident a few hours back. I made a cigarette run, decided to also go get some milk. At the last place, (at about midnight) your typical gas/petrol and small shopping section, I came out to find a vehicle parked next to my van (license plates showed the vehicle to be from out of town ... actually out of the county) containing three (to m eyes) underaged girls. In unison, they 'hollered' out that they loved my beard. I asked why ..???? The response was that it was so long. I replied that in general, the beard was part of my appearance that scared most folks <g> The following conversation ran from what I named my van, how old I really was, and ending up with 'would I like to jump into their car and give them a tour?' Once again, I was struck by all the bad news about 'predators' .. yet these youthful and apparently very ignorant girls were 'looking for trouble' ....

BTW: the conversation actually ended (well, it turned nasty and one-sided <g>) when I asked them if their Mothers knew where they were. Man oh man, talk about an attitude change <g> I dropped by the police station on the way home, passing on the vehicle description and license number, figuring maybe these young girls could experience some of the joys from my youth .... being pulled over and interrogated by the police on a 'party' night <g>

What a night this has turned out to be ...???? Back to troubleshooting ...

...Wondering just what the attraction may be that garnered me the PM spam;

URL obviously broken.

I gave up trying to find a working 'Contact Us' link, ending up with contacting User #3 (#1 had made no posts, #2 didn't exist) .. included my complaint about their FAQ containg no usefull data on spam, bad PMs, Admin or Moderator lists, etc.

Lots of complaints out there about 'Patricia' spamming, no-one had bothered to get a SiteAdvisor assessment of the .io subdomain. That is now rectified (queued) but no comments entered - I only comment on personal experience of course.
...BTW: the conversation actually ended (well, it turned nasty and one-sided <g>) when I asked them if their Mothers knew where they were. ...
Can see how that would have gone over well. Reminds of some advice about expatriates working in (parts of) Africa - "The young ones think they're bullet proof, the old ones have a death wish."

Archived