Sad for the family

StevenUnderwood

She and the kids would still be alive if the spamming was not treated like a minor crime.

Spammers need to do hard time in a med to max prison because they are a threat to public safety.

It seems the spammer was getting easy treatment because he was "helping" the FBI. Someone at the FBI really screwed the pooch allowing this guy to be at a country club prison.

Still as firm supporter of social Darwinism, I do feel the gene pool has been improved slightly.

Momma don't let ya daughters grow up to marry spammers.

It seems the spammer was getting easy treatment because he was "helping" the FBI. Someone at the FBI really screwed the pooch allowing this guy to be at a country club prison.
Agreed, except the federal prosecutor may have had more to do with the "Club Fed" sentence than did the FBI. In any case, Davidson seems to have been Not a Nice Man, even by the low standards set by spammers.

I was troubled by the "helping the FBI" business in the article; it seems to me that this might be more accurately phrased as "the perp was required to collaborate and give evidence as a condition of his sentence" As I noted in a recent unrelated post, I think there's a BIG difference between someone who is forced to turn State's Evidence as part of a plea bargain, and someone else who uses prison time to study and rehabilitate himself, and then on release uses his inside knowledge to benefit us all.

-- rick

Archived