Mail Host Testing

Hello -

I just signed up to try out the "mail host" system.

I use web mail to check my e-mail so I don't have to worry about d/l-ing viruses.

If I use "forward", the web mail does not send the complete headers. I have been clicking on "message source" and copying and pasting the message in the web sire to submit the spam. This works well.

Now, if I read the instructions correctly, I must submit the spam via e-mail and not submit via the web site.

Big problem! The headers come through fine, but when it gets to the body boundary. I get this:

Finding links in message body

Parsing text part

error: couldn't parse head

Message body parser requires full, accurate copy of message

I have tried inserting the continuation tab myself, but somehow it gets lost in transit.

1. Moderator, please move this to the appropriate forum.

If I use "forward", the web mail does not send the complete headers.

2. You should use the forward link from the message list, not from inside the message. While they are called the same thing, they do act differently. This will work for setting up the mailhost configuration or if you want to send your spam for full reporting to your secret address. Quick reporting can be handled by any of the "Report as spam" links either inside the message or in the email list.

Now, if I read the instructions correctly, I must submit the spam via e-mail and not submit via the web site.

3. Once your mailhosts are configured, you can submit spam via either method.

Just in case, the OP reads this before it is moved.

You should not use quick reporting until you are /sure/ your mailhost set up is working properly.

If you are using OE, you can right click on spam and select 'Forward as Attchement" from pop up menu. Any other application, select 'Forward as Attachment' however you do that. You do not want 'forward inline.'

HTH,

Miss Betsy

1. Moderator, please move this to the appropriate forum

Just in case, the OP reads this before it is moved

yep, got me over a barrel again. Agree that this was posted in the wrong place, though the Topic Title left me with a bit of a doubt .... but didn't want to jump right in and move it elsewhere based on the lines:

Group: Members

Member No.: 1039

First of all, wondering why the number of posts = 0, when this would have normally counted as a post ... but then again, this section of the Fourum was set-up to allow non-members to post ..??? (Haven't found the answer to this one yet) But, this is another one of those, that if I move it, how would the OP find it? All the OP would "see" is that the post wasn't where the OP put it. So as not to confuse the OP, I've left it, hoping that this poster makes it back, and is wise and kind enough to leave another note to say so ...???

Now, if I read the instructions correctly, I must submit the spam via e-mail and not submit via the web site

And I'll be honest, not being an e-mail side of the house user, I don't have a clue as to what instructions may be in reference here (though StevenUnderwood may have handled this query?), much less how to suggest that the interpretation / application of those facts don't necessarily agree with reality .. were the wrong instructions read, is there something funky in his/her set-up, or back to the "where is the "right" FAQ, is there yet another issue that needs some clearing up?

First thought woul have been the SpamCop EMail Forum, as your asking about issues of reporting via the web-mail interface. But, in reality, perhaps you should be point to the SpamCop Email Setup Forum to insure you've gone through all the proper steps. That you also invoked the "mail-host" issue would get a pointer to a specific Topic under the SpamCop Email Forum, but the problem you're describing is not a mail-host issue (although your spam submittals may make it an issue if you haven't followed the set-up procedures and insured that things are "correct")

Note: also still confused a bit .. two posts, yet the description still reads;

Group: Members

Member No.: 1039

You say you are using web email - which one are you using?

I don't know anything about the SpamCop email service so I can't tell if you are using it. If you are, then probably you should ask your question in the email forum.

If you aren't, then there is a spamcop FAQ (on the web page - not here in the forum) about what needs to be done to email from various kinds of applications to be able to forward as attachment. (if it's Hotmail, there are two choices in the newsgroup spamcop.help - topic started by marvo.)

Sorry, I can't look it up now.

Miss Betsy

<snip>

... there is a spamcop FAQ (on the web page - not here in the forum) about what needs to be done to email from various kinds of applications to be able to forward as attachment.  (if it's Hotmail, there are two choices in the newsgroup spamcop.help - topic started by marvo.)

Sorry, I can't look it up now.

...Perhaps:

I use web mail to check my e-mail so I don't have to worry about d/l-ing viruses.

If I use "forward", the web mail does not send the complete headers.

Geeze, more confusion .. looks like you and Miss Betsy also got that one right, which would have cut down the "correct Forum" issue by one, probably two Forums ... this poster's use of "web mail" probably does mean something along the lines of HotMail, Yahoo, etc. ... dang, where's that "plain and simple terms" guy when he's needed <g>

Archived