Bug Report: Changing Pages

I couldn't find a separate forum for bug reports. (I am having a dense day, so that might be my fault.) I hope posting here is sufficient to get someone's attention.

I use the folders feature a lot. Today I happened to be looking for a sent mail in my Sent Mail folder. Here's what happened. Please note that I have my options set to go to the first unread message.

Inbox, page 21. From folder picker, select Sent Mail folder.

Sent Mail folder, page 11. Use top arrow control to go to previous page.

Inbox, page 10.

In other words, instead of going to page 10 in the Sent Mail folder, I go to page 10 in the Inbox, the folder where I just was. It seems like the site doesn't update my folder location promptly. Usually if I do something else (open an e-mail, sit and wait for a few minutes) eventually I'm able to move around the current folder properly.

A little later:

Sent Mail folder, page 10. Click Inbox link.

Inbox, page 1. (I have some held, unread mail there.)

Use top arrow control to go to end of folder.

Sent Mail folder, page 11.

Once again, it jumped to the end of the folder I was in previously, not the end of the folder I am currently in.

Now, here's the weird part. The bottom arrows work. It's only the top arrows that cause this repeatable and highly annoying problem.

ETA: This is not a new problem. I have been experiencing this problem for years. Today I just happened to discover that the bottom arrows work, which means it's correctable.

I couldn't find a separate forum for bug reports. (I am having a dense day, so that might be my fault.) I hope posting here is sufficient to get someone's attention.

Moving into the Forum section set up specifically for the use of and issues with the SpamCop.net e-mail System and Accounts.

And if SOMEONE was not moving the post while I was working a response (teasing Wazoo), I would have replied that there is also a "Problem" button in the menu section of Webmail which may get you a quicker response.

It is generally good to post questions here first though to see if others know about/have a work around, etc about an issue, or can duplicate the problem. I can not help in that way as I do not have more than 6 messages in any folder in webmail (having just moved all my sent mail to my archive on my home machine).

Apologies for doing the Admin action at the wrong time. I also know of the frustration when you go to submit your post and the error message comes up to tell you that the Topic doesn't exist ... geeze ...

As fa as the 'bug' goes ... I also cannot replicate it, (admitting that my sort order is based on the Message #, which generally does result in the most recent 'unread' being at the top of the screen, first page displayed.)

First glance would say that this would be an issue for the Horde/IMP developers themselves (Links available in the SpamCop FAQ as found 'here. On the other hand, the skin can be modified, we do know that the skin here has been modified, so there just might possibly a 'local' issue with some of the code modifications. Contacting the specific folks involved with that was covered in one of my somewhat recent diatribes, plese see Multiple placement points for Contact data

Archived