couldn't parse head

mpsmom

When I copy the header info, it "looks" correct (ie looks indented), but when it gets to spam cop, apparently it's not. What can I do to resolve this issue. I'm submitting from Zimbra and Outlook Express. It does it from both of them. Looks good when I copy, but get the error msg that spam cop couldn't parse head.

When I copy the header info, it "looks" correct (ie looks indented), but when it gets to spam cop, apparently it's not.

If you can get us the "TRACKING URL" from the top of the SpamCop page when you try to report the spam, we can probably help you because then we can see exactly what SpamCop is seeing.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

When I copy the header info, it "looks" correct (ie looks indented), but when it gets to spam cop, apparently it's not. What can I do to resolve this issue. I'm submitting from Zimbra and Outlook Express. It does it from both of them. Looks good when I copy, but get the error msg that spam cop couldn't parse head.

No knowledge on Zimbra, though I see that it's basically an Outlook type client ... However, the terminology pf "copy the header info" suggets numerous possibilities.

Ourlook Express .. have you tried the Properties | Details | Message Source to try to copy the actual (entire) e-mail? (of course, having typed that, wondering how else you'd get the 'header info' .. but, I have to ask ... as you didn't provide) Also not stated .. is this "copy" action for pasting into the web-form or are you trying to do an e-mail submittal? If e-mail, what happened to "forward as atachment" mode ... (especially for Outlook Express) ????

There is a How to use .... Forum section here that offers data above and beyond the SpamCop FAQ entries on How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email? Have you looked at any of that data?

On the other hand, if you're not submitting by e-mail .... much more data needed. Web-browser in use (and version number) .. is the e-mail being copied from your IP/Host or something like Yahoo/Gmail/etc.? Some have found that there's an issue with something as simple as the size of the window in use ... expanding or compressing it a bit horizontally places the line-wrap in a different spot, and this manages to correct that possaible issue. (but again, perhaps this question is also off-base???)

Way too much guessing going on which is why there are all those How to ask a good question ... links provided.

I'm submitting from Zimbra and Outlook Express.
My apologies. I didn't notice you're submitting with Outlook Express.

The only way I know of to report spam with Outlook Express is to create a new email to your SpamCop 'submit' address and then use the "Forward as Attachment" function to attach a few spams to the submission email.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Ok, here's one I submitted from Zimbra. There, I click on "show original", select all, copy, then forward the msg and paste in on top, what I just copied.

From OE, I right click on msg, select properties, details, copy everything, forward msg then paste in what I copied from details. I have also tried going beyond details to msg source and copied from there, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

So, it sounds like I should just forward as an attachment and I can avoid all the copy/paste? Thanks.

No knowledge on Zimbra, though I see that it's basically an Outlook type client ... However, the terminology pf "copy the header info" suggets numerous possibilities.

Ourlook Express .. have you tried the Properties | Details | Message Source to try to copy the actual (entire) e-mail? (of course, having typed that, wondering how else you'd get the 'header info' .. but, I have to ask ... as you didn't provide) Also not stated .. is this "copy" action for pasting into the web-form or are you trying to do an e-mail submittal? If e-mail, what happened to "forward as atachment" mode ... (especially for Outlook Express) ????

There is a How to use .... Forum section here that offers data above and beyond the SpamCop FAQ entries on How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email? Have you looked at any of that data?

On the other hand, if you're not submitting by e-mail .... much more data needed. Web-browser in use (and version number) .. is the e-mail being copied from your IP/Host or something like Yahoo/Gmail/etc.? Some have found that there's an issue with something as simple as the size of the window in use ... expanding or compressing it a bit horizontally places the line-wrap in a different spot, and this manages to correct that possaible issue. (but again, perhaps this question is also off-base???)

Way too much guessing going on which is why there are all those How to ask a good question ... links provided.

...So, it sounds like I should just forward as an attachment and I can avoid all the copy/paste? Thanks.
Yes, certainly eliminates some 'variables', not to mention saving time. You can attach/select and submit several/many at once. Detail on obtaining tracking links here. Use trackers to discuss any further problems (hopefully there will be none). Just finish reporting 'your' spam after the emailed copy/copies are received and parsed by SC.

Ok, here's one I submitted from Zimbra. There, I click on "show original", select all, copy, then forward the msg and paste in on top, what I just copied.

From OE, I right click on msg, select properties, details, copy everything, forward msg then paste in what I copied from details. I have also tried going beyond details to msg source and copied from there, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

As I read what you've said, the spam e-mail 'content' you pasted into a new e-mail would be considered "in-line" .. therefore, the needed format of this new e-mail would not be correct .. woest case, a successful Parse would end up having you try to report your own self/ISP/Host.

Again, the How to use ... Forum section and the [b[spamCop FAQ[/b] offer more details on how to submit via e-mail. SpamCop - How To ... Tutorials has some data.

So, it sounds like I should just forward as an attachment and I can avoid all the copy/paste? Thanks.

Thw Wiki, as well as the SpamCop FAQ found here also offer a number of other users' How I/we use SpamCop entries ... For example, Examples using only a SpamCop Reporting Account

Archived