will it ever be over?

daizzzy

SC is the most efficient way to stop spam! tested myself.

most spammers have the same structure for all their spam. and i noticed that even spammers with the most abusedurable hostings stopped spam me after 2 weeks or max ~20 days. but in thes cases there were commercial hostings (usually cn )) ). but what about this http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z2505739283za...fd9b36a386878cz ? i send few reports/day for the last ~10 days and it seems like there's no results (currently).

is there any sense to continue reporting via spamcop or it would be better to send reports directly to MSN/Hotmail and Google?

is there any sense to continue reporting via spamcop or it would be better to send reports directly to MSN/Hotmail and Google?

Technically, your Tracking URL shows that a Report did go to MSN about the sourcing of the e-mail. It's up to thrm about how and when to handle that. In all honesty, the probability of getting an IP Address like this (a HotMail server) listed in the SpamCopDNSBL is pretty slim (although it has happened in the past)

The Microsoft URL is the tag-line added for their advertising. This is automatically added to any and all e-mail going through there system. It is not defined as spam, rather that innocent bystander type situation .. and that's why they asked no to be notified.

The Google Groups link .... suspicions are that there's an issue with the reporting address ..???? Several places I looked at suggest groups-abuse[at]googlegroups.com as being the place to report Group spam/pages/etc. Whether this can be handled by an over-ride (request) in the database by the Deputies is unknown to me.

The answer to your question would seem to include a mode of submitting this spam to multiple places a once, basically adding multiple recipients in your To: and/or CC: line. The problem you'll then tun into is that some of those recipients want the reported e-mail attached while others won't accept an e-mail with an attachment. So actually, I'd say it boils down to how much work you want to expend on trying to get the ISPs/Hosts involved to do something about the spew,

You'd exdpect my answer to be 'Yes, continue to report via SpamCop'.

You can certainly ALSO report via other routes if that serves your purpose but the SC reports update the SCBL and that keeps problem IP addresses listed for longer and that helps the whole SC user-base to have the most effective BL available.

So, if you have the time and inclination, please continue to report.

Andrew

Archived