[Resolved] Held Email not deleting

I'm clicking on "Check All," selecting "Quick - Report immediately and trash" and then clicking on "Release/delete." The list doesn't' change. I try selecting "delete," but that isn't working either. Seems like the list is stuck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

This has nothing to do with the Forum selected for pstibng --> How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials > SpamCop Forum

Moving to the more appropriate Forum sction with this post.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The unfortunately all too typical request to take a look at the various entries on How to ask a good question would be the first suggestion. Details about such things as OS, browser (version), whether or not scripting is enabled, when did the problem show up, on and on ....

I'm clicking on "Check All," selecting "Quick - Report immediately and trash" and then clicking on "Release/delete." The list doesn't' change. I try selecting "delete," but that isn't working either. Seems like the list is stuck.
Based on your discription above "Quick - Report immediately and trash" you are using the VER interface and it should be noted that VER has a limit of 100 messages per page. and check all will only check the messages that are being displayed.

I am not sure if your are simply seeing the effect of the message limit or if you are actually having problems with it working. If it is working, when you click on Release/delete, you should see 1 of the following messages for each message that is check which is a maximum of 100 messages.

Submitted message 42530 for reporting

Moved message 42530 to trash

followed by a display of the next 100 messages.

WebMail functions the same way as VER but allows you to process up to 999 messages at a time, but to do so you have to change the default setting in you options found at https://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/services/...lay&app=imp under Messages per page in the mailbox view.

Actually, from the description offered scott_see is, I agree, using the VER interface rather than webmail.

But I have been suffering a similar issue in webmail when I release mail in webmail it still appears listed in the held mail even though it has actually been moved to the Inbox. Refreshing the display has no effect. THis has been an issue since the beginning of the year on-and-off. I can only guarantee to clear the display by logging out and back in.

I recall someone else starting a thread similar to this previously but my attempts to find it have failed. Probably not using the effective search terms.

Andrew

agsteele, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Logging out and back in doesn't work. I'm still looking at the same held email, no matter how many times I try to trash or delete them.

It's not a browser or OS issue. I have no problem with another account. It's just one account that's stuck.

VER interface? I have no clue what that means, but here's the URL: http://www.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

Wazoo, yes I did read the "How to ask a good question." One account works; one account doesn't. That eliminates a lot of potential causes. And this forum is supposed to be about "email system," seems like I'm in the right place, rather than tutorials. But I'm new, so I apologize if I'm wrong about that.

StevenUnderwood, this is the first time I've tried to delete Held Email for this account in a long time. It has worked before. There are 521 email being held. I can't get that number to go down.

dbiel, are you saying I can flush these out through WebMail? That would be nice.

Thanks to you all. Something's clearly broken, and I don't know who to turn to, so I really appreciate your help.

VER interface? I have no clue what that means, but here's the URL: http://www.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

VER - Very Easy Reporting - Glossary

VER - Very Easy Reporting - Wiki

What is VER (Very Easy Reporting)? - SpamCop FAQ- single-page-expanded version

Wazoo, yes I did read the "How to ask a good question." One account works; one account doesn't. That eliminates a lot of potential causes.

Much data not provided in the Topic starting post, yet .... much data still not in evidence.

And this forum is supposed to be about "email system," seems like I'm in the right place, rather than tutorials. But I'm new, so I apologize if I'm wrong about that.

As I stated in my first response .. I "moved" your post to the more appropriate Forum section. I'll leave the pointer so you can see the redirect link existing in the Forum you made the starting post ... http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showforum=14 Please acknowledge seeing this so I can then remove it so as to reduce the clutter there.

StevenUnderwood, this is the first time I've tried to delete Held Email for this account in a long time. It has worked before. There are 521 email being held. I can't get that number to go down.

dbiel, are you saying I can flush these out through WebMail? That would be nice.

Have you tried the process from the actual webmail interface yet? Have you looked at an IMAP connection as yet another alternative? One possible scenario would be that one (assumedly the oldest) is hosed for some reason and therefore is 'resisting' it's deletion through the VER interface .... which (yet again) is basically a 'hack' to connect the Reporting system (Cisco/IronPort/SpamCop.net owned hardware on the U.S. west coast) to JT's CES owned hardware on the east U.S. coast. The above suggestions deal with connecting directly to the e-mail servers.

Something's clearly broken, and I don't know who to turn to

Where to get Help

A summary of the suggestions previous mentioned, followed by the question, did any of the work for you?

The interface that you are using is the VER interface. Instead of checking all, try checking one message at random, but not the first one on the list. As Wazoo suggested, the first message may be the problem.

Try using the WebMail interface to delete the messages

Try using IMAP to delete the images

Archived