Should we keep the link in the Welcome Topic?

Jeff G.

Should we keep the link in the Welcome Topic?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the link in the Welcome Topic?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Don't Care
    • Don't you have better things to do?

• 2 years later...

I am not sure exactly what link is being refered to.

Wazoo's reference relates, but I do not think that it is the one being refered to.

Could you post the specific link that is in question?

I know Miss Betsy was concerned about the 4 announcements that appear at the top of each and every forum and are managed using the control panel (manage announcements)

I am not sure exactly what link is being refered to.

Wazoo's reference relates, but I do not think that it is the one being refered to.

42603[/snapback]

You may have missed the posting date Jan 23 2004, 12:18 AM .... I don't know now why this came up in a search, but ... I couldn't make any correlation to "the link" being asked about .... the referenced link had a Subject Line of Link in the Welcome Topic and that was around the same timeframe .. made the assumption that they were associated (though still not sure of which link was actually being discussed) ....

Your right, I did not notice the date, but still not sure why you dug it back out.

The link being refered to was probably one of the general announcements that has long since been deleted.

As far as I can tell there is no 'Welcome Topic'

There ought to be one that replaces the latest announcement whenever the latest announcement gets old (and there is one that I wrote).

There could be only one Welcome topic (possibly two) that is pinned in each forum that contained the links in the several now pinned announcements and topics.

And the email addresses in the How to Contact Official Spamcop help should be changed to links to the web forms.

However, since we haven't had any complaints about not finding stuff lately, the people who are easily confused are probably cutting directly to 'Official' help. I don't think it much matters any more about organization or links unless there is a complaint.

Miss Betsy

Archived