catch all account

ahnah

Hi all, especially to Jeff.

My vendor has created a catchall account in our Exchange server (with over 70 mailbox) for archiving and journalling purpose. Thru the list, will do the spam Mail reporting as well.

Please advise should I use a mole account ? or use abuse mailbox at my domain name ? or the original catch all mailbox name ?

Is there a way to automate the spam Mail directly to SpamCop ??? Cause one single friday afternoon has more than 40MB of email.

Have a nice evening ..

:D

Hi all, especially to Jeff.

My vendor has created a catchall account in our Exchange server (with over 70 mailbox) for archiving and journalling purpose. Thru the list, will do the spam Mail reporting as well.

Please advise should I use a mole account ?

Only if you've already verified that your configuration is such that you're sure you'll not end up reporting yourself. Though new users are defaulted to using the mole configuration, it's your decision. Mole reporting means that no reports will actually be sent to the spam sources, just adding to the BL data for inclusion into the BL.

or use abuse mailbox at my domain name ?

now I'm getting confused. You have, in fact, signed up for your own account? So is your question really dealing with setting up another SpamCop account?

or the original catch all mailbox name ?

Now you've really lost me.

Is there a way to automate the spam Mail directly to SpamCop ??? Cause one single friday afternoon has more than 40MB of email.

With this much e-mail included in your definition, it sounds like you'd overwhelm the typical mode of a single user either POPing or Forwarding the e-mail to "your" SpamCop account, and then "you" trying to handle it all. On the other hand, if you set up a 'normal' account, you may not actually see 40MB of mail in one afternoon, as most of it would have been filtered out as the spam that it is????

Or should there be a suggestion that you visit the web page that deals with the setting up of a corporate account, vice a personal account? http://mail.spamcop.net/corporate.php

Archived