Subscribed mail ---> Spam

xzr1tv

I had a relationship with a online vendor for a few years, who is very big. I HAD opted-in for their email. I have discovered that their BBB rating is now UNSATISFACTORY and they are doing nothing to correct it. I will no longer deal with them.

I have then tried and tried to OPTOUT of their mail via the mailing via their website and via the address at the bottom.

The optin attempts end up with a 'bounce' email, like the Exchange email box is full.

They are on the SPAMCOP blocklist.

My question is: At what point, after repeated attempts to OPTOUT, can I begin to report their mail at spam, even though I did, optin?

I had a relationship with a online vendor for a few years, who is very big. I HAD opted-in for their email. I have discovered that their BBB rating is now UNSATISFACTORY and they are doing nothing to correct it. I will no longer deal with them.

I have then tried and tried to OPTOUT of their mail via the mailing via their website and via the address at the bottom.

The optin attempts end up with a 'bounce' email, like the Exchange email box is full.

They are on the SPAMCOP blocklist.

My question is: At what point, after repeated attempts to OPTOUT, can I begin to report their mail at spam, even though I did, optin?

My suggestion would be to see if you can reach customer service via telephone and ask them to remove your email address from the mailing list. Then, document that on your computer somewhere so that if you report their email and they claim you opted in, you can give a reply to the deputies with a name, date and time you opted out over the phone.

But that's just me. :-)

If you really want to be sure you have unsubbed, check the headers next time you get one of their mails. If you are getting their mails to one email address and checking mail and sending back unsubscribe notices from another, they could have trouble figuring out who you want to unsubscribe. Ideally, they would have a "My Account" area on their website to allow you to change your preferences to not receive mail.

Archived