Webform not responding

bobbear

Thanks for that. The webform is OK for me this morning, although I am noticing SMTP delays in reports copied back to myself.

The usage graphs shown are interesting in that it is far more even throughout a 24 hour period than I had expected and the peak deviation looks relatively modest at roughly twice the mean. I thought I'd be picking a 'quiet period' by doing my reporting at about 0800 UTC, but it looks as though no such well-defined period exists, although there is a cyclic pattern to the usage of course.

Looking at those graphs, I'd be surprised if it's peak SC usage that causes SC to slow to a crawl, more general other server usage/problems/traffic, perhaps, but then I know nothing of the system.

... The webform is OK for me this morning, although I am noticing SMTP delays in reports copied back to myself. ...

... Looking at those graphs, I'd be surprised if it's peak SC usage that causes SC to slow to a crawl, more general other server usage/problems/traffic,  perhaps, but then I know nothing of the system.

32890[/snapback]

Good to hear you're "back". Email submission for me has been back at a crawl (thank goodness for the webform) for the last 12 hours or so, I even lost the Forum for a while. It's a bit like the storyline from an episode of "House" (so many symptoms, we tend to leap to the conclusion they're all from the one cause but, as you say, more likely a number of them).

It is very likely that those symptoms have different root causes (unless you include those ubiquitous root causes "miscreants wreaking havoc on the net" and "sunspots", the latter of which have actually been particularly strong this past week or so).

Archived