Spamcop requires the full Message

MikeRG

I am a retired VB developer and have decided to use some of my spare time writing an email client which includes reporting spam to SpamCop.

I need a couple of answers rather than wasting Spamcop server time experimenting.

What denotes the start and end of a "Full Message".

For example

Message Start

-----------------------------

+OK **** octets follow.

Return-Path: <kelgfndmlc[at]secrel.com.br>

Delivered-To: 12345678[at]1234567.whatever

etc.

-----------------------------

Do I need to include the First line above

Message End

------------------------------

blah

Message Body

blah

----811381287049581174--

--------------------------------

Do I need to include the final Stop(dot) and LF CR that denotes -End of Message-

I have tried various combinations with varying results. With some I get no reports, others I get reports that say submission could not be parsed (Or Like)

Kind regards to all

Mike

Query #1: No

Qyery #2: No .... but, would suggest that to make it easy, my words would be to add a 'new line' after the ending MIME separator line .....

Thanks for the info Wazoo

I have copied/pasted your suggested text into the Online submission form and it works perfectly..

Just need to perfect the Automatic Submit via Email part now.

Which is best..

To submit via Attachments (Many attachments in one eMail)

Many Emails containing one Attached Message

Forwarding individual Messages

Forwarding many messages in one eMail with seperators

Thanks again

I shall post my progress here if no-one minds

Regards to All

Mike

<snip>

Which is best..

To submit via Attachments (Many attachments in one eMail)

Many Emails containing one Attached Message

Forwarding individual Messages

Forwarding many messages in one eMail with seperators

<snip>

...FWIW, I use the first method. AIUI, the SpamCop parser can only deal with about 100 KB at a time, so I try to limit the number of attachments so that the total size is no more than about 100 KB.

...YMMV.

The parsing process truncates individual spam over the 50k limit (including those within batches), apparently without creating errors of interpretation when it comes to MIME boundaries. Whether or not the practical limit has been exceeded for any given batch which includes "sizeable" spam is not readily apparent to me - I have not "overflowed" yet (but I keep the batch size down, seldom going over 200k "in the raw"), can't recall anyone saying they have (overflowed ... whatever) and I don't know what sort of error message, if any, would result by going "over the limit". What about VER/Quick reporting? Reporters would often have no clue about batch size. Presumably the limit doesn't apply?** This may be one of those things it may pay not to question too closely - just noting the "100k limit" has some question marks associated with it and is not as simple as it may sound.

[** well, that reporting mode is just interested in headers so presumably all of the body is discarded anyway. But what constitutes 100k of (variable length) headers? Obviously a heck of a lot, regardless of the "size" of the original spam].

Thanks for all the info. Limits etc..

I shall use the 100k Limit and check to see that they are all accepted. I have noticed that some of the attachments being sent are 30-40k each.

The Application has been fully functional for 5 Days Now. Reading detecting and submitting at 30 minute intervals. The only tedious part is manually confirming each submission. :blink:

The Size Limits have not been implimented yet and so far all submissions have been confirmed as reported, including one extreme session when 1 mail went through with 56 spam Attachments.

Now that I have these limits I shall work at dividing the total attachments between emails, keeping the accumulative attachment size per email below the said limit.

I am getting some rather interesting Stats from the app that will help me work out where spammers are getting the addresses from.

If No-one objects I will post some of the stats here after running for a month.

Thanks again for all the help

Mike

Archived