Improve "Unreported spam Saved" message

yakatz

I have one address that 100% of the email sent to it is spam (we used to use it for marketing), so I set it to forward automatically to spamcop. This results in a very long list of messages in "Unreported spam Saved". Can there be a counter next to the "Report Now" link, to show how many messages are left?

You can always hit your "Past reports" tab, view "Recent reports" and see how many "No reports filed" tags there are (a page at a time or modify the "offset" parameter in the address window). It's no real solution but I find it useful at times. You should have an email showing how many spam were accepted in each batch, or an email for each individual spam submission. Cumbersome but better than nothing if you've not thought of it already.

You can always hit your "Past reports" tab, view "Recent reports" and see how many "No reports filed" tags there are (a page at a time or modify the "offset" parameter in the address window). It's no real solution but I find it useful at times.

That is past, I want a counter for how many are left to process.

You should have an email showing how many spam were accepted in each batch, or an email for each individual spam submission. Cumbersome but better than nothing if you've not thought of it already.

Sometimes I go to the page and submit some and then stop for a while, and then go and submit more. I would like to be able to see how many are left in the queue.

That is past, I want a counter for how many are left to process.

No... Once the spam is submitted, it is listed like this in the Past Reports area:

Submitted: Monday, February 23, 2009 15:18:23 -0500:

<subject>

No reports filed

As stated... "see how many "No reports filed" tags there are"

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

I would like to see the number of unreported spam emails saved while I am reporting it. I am forwarding a lot of spam each day, and I never know whether it will take 10 minutes or an hour to report it, because there is no indication as to the number of unreported spam emails saved. My suggestion is to indicate the number right after the "Report Now" link, so it would look like this:

Unreported spam Saved: Report Now (38)

Best regards,

Matthias

P.S.: I just noticed a strange bug in the forum: The word "spam" is always displayed with a lower case "s", although I typed it with an upper case "S"... Is this some policy to express disrespect towards spam? ;)

P.S.: I just noticed a strange bug in the forum: The word "spam" is always displayed with a lower case "s", although I typed it with an upper case "S"... Is this some policy to express disrespect towards spam? ;)

Merged your topic with an existing topic on the same subject. This is actually an often requested feature for as long as I have been here. Speculation is that it is not quite as easy to implement in the current code structure as one would imagine.

What is not mentioned in this thread is that Cisco (current owner of SpamCop) has not shown much interest in using this forum to choose improvement projects.

The "bug" you detected is intentionally written into the code here to eliminate the use of capitalized "S P A M" which Hormel has requested not be used to refer to email.

I would like to see the number of unreported spam emails saved while I am reporting it. I am forwarding a lot of spam each day, and I never know whether it will take 10 minutes or an hour to report it, because there is no indication as to the number of unreported spam emails saved. My suggestion is to indicate the number right after the "Report Now" link, so it would look like this:

I second that suggestion. I have been wishing for a similar feature for a while. Sometimes I lose track of how many spam emails have been forwarded before I get to the website to report them, so seeing the number displayed as suggested above would be very useful to me. :)

Archived