Lost Accoount Data - hard drive crash

scrapiron

Moderator Edit: extracted from http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10297 noting that this has absolutely nothing to do with MailHost Configuration, nothing to do with the Topic/Discussion it was posted into. Seoarated and moved to a more appropriate Forum section. PM sent to advise of this action.

<Attempted font size changed edited out.>can any one out there help me please I lost my primary C: drive failed in the partion by loss I mean all of my outlook express address book and all so I have to start all overagain , Iv e re-partioned my hard drive reinstall micro soft .now I need the address of "spam cop" that I had in my address book tosend my spam to ,I was useing the free edition but Ive signed up and paid for a year subscription and I have heard from "spam Cop yet I don't know if I was Phished or not I used Visa and the payment went to "PayPal " and I got phished from a so called Pay Pal so I stay as far away as I can but relly I need help

I find it peculuar that I can sign in in the formum but then spam Cop doesnt recognise who I am and thats confussing enough

Ive been usein the free addtion for several years and now this happens . . .

Scrapiron

edward m. Stacer

mmstacer[at]windstream.net

I need the address of "spam cop" that I had in my address book tosend my spam to ,I was useing the free edition but Ive signed up and paid for a year subscription and I have heard from "spam Cop yet I don't know if I was Phished or not I used Visa and the payment went to "PayPal "

It is not clear if you payed for an email account or a payed reporting account. However, if you bough some fuel for your reporting account you should have gotten an email from paypal similar to:

Dear <your name here>,

This email confirms that you have paid SpamCop$xx.00 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *SPAMCOP".

----------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

-----------------------------------

Transaction ID: xxx

Item Price: $xx.00 USD

Total: $xx.00 USD

Order Description: SpamCop reporting for <part of your reporting address>

Item/Product Number: spamcop

Buyer: <your name>

<snip>

If you have questions about the shipping and tracking of your purchased item or service, please contact SpamCop at paypal[at]admin.spamcop.net.

So there is a spamcop.net address contact spamcop to help you put your account back together.

now I need the address of "spam cop" that I had in my address book tosend my spam to ,

Log onto www.spamcop.net There you will see 'your' Submit by e-mail address.

I was useing the free edition but Ive signed up and paid for a year subscription

SpamCop Reporting Accounts would seem to pont to a "flat-rate e-mail account" based on your "one year" statement. This would point to yet another account ... a spamcop.net or cesmail.net account hosted on JT's hardware on the opposite U.S. coast from the Reporting System. Different company involved, different folks to contact.

and I have heard from "spam Cop yet I don't know if I was Phished or not I used Visa and the payment went to "PayPal " and I got phished from a so called Pay Pal so I stay as far away as I can but relly I need help

Pretty hard to fill in all the blanks you've left on this side of the screen.

I find it peculuar that I can sign in in the formum but then spam Cop doesnt recognise who I am

Why are there so many different account names/passwords needed?

Ive been usein the free addtion for several years and now this happens . . .
What is SpamCop.net?

Where to get Help

I was useing the free edition but Ive signed up and paid for a year subscription

Well, we're all confused and guessing but my reading is that you had a free reporting account and then paid some cash to upgrade to a paid reporting account...

I find it peculuar that I can sign in in the formum but then spam Cop doesnt recognise who I am and thats confussing enough

Well the forums are completely unrelated to the reporting service (or the Email service if my guess was wrong above). So you probably have an entirely separate log-in for the forums to the reporting service.

Andrew

It is not clear if you payed for an email account or a payed reporting account. However, if you bough some fuel for your reporting account you should have gotten an email from paypal similar to:

So there is a spamcop.net address contact spamcop to help you put your account back together.

My goodness that was fast I wasnt prepared to hear from any body for a few days I don't know what the difference between "e-mail account or a reporting account is all I know is I have a reciept saying I payed 30 dollars wif visa and it went to pay pal . but Ive yet to hear from "SpamCop.net wif instructions not even a welcome aboard to let me know all is well . so I don't know what to expect !

Scrapiron

My goodness that was fast I wasnt prepared to hear from any body for a few days I don't know what the difference between "e-mail account or a reporting account is all I know is I have a reciept saying I payed 30 dollars wif visa and it went to pay pal . but Ive yet to hear from "SpamCop.net wif instructions not even a welcome aboard to let me know all is well . so I don't know what to expect !

Well, I would imagine you could tell from the page you went to to make your payment.

Perhaps you could go back through your browser history and identify the screen. The Email service is clearly 'branded' as such and is offered by a separate company to the reporting service. So you need to know which service you signed up for in order to know who to chase.

Your PayPal receipt may tell you which company has received your cash.

If you have an Email account then you can chase up your acknowledgement and information at: http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php

If you discover that you signed up for a paid reporting account then drop an Email to service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Either way my experience is that replies are normally pretty much immediate when you sign up.

Andrew

My goodness that was fast I wasnt prepared to hear from any body for a few days

As stated numerous times in numerous places, this is not your typical support Forum.

I don't know what the difference between "e-mail account or a reporting account is all I know is I have a reciept saying I payed 30 dollars wif visa and it went to pay pal

Well, I guess it's a good thing that I posted all those links to explanations, descriptions, definitions in my previous post here. Apparently, too bad you didn't seem to take a look at it to see them.

but Ive yet to hear from "SpamCop.net wif instructions not even a welcome aboard to let me know all is well . so I don't know what to expect !

In your starting post you said 'and I have heard from "spam Cop' .. yet here you say you have not heard from SpamCop. Confusion sets in.

Just how long ago was the "purchase" made? You say $30 to PayPal on your receipt, but you don't mention a date. Anyway, there is a different starting point, different paths to the Reporting Account and the E-mail Account. I can't quite guess at why/how you're not sure of just what you signed up/paid for. http://mail.spamcop.net/pricing.php shows $30/year ... yet you could have also selected to only spend $30 for your initial "fuel" puchase.

The maor point still remains, two different companies involved, so the real data depends on which company you sent your money to for what type of service. Again, it's too bad you seem to have skipped over my last post.

Let's start at the beginning .. can you log into the http://www.spamcop.net web-page?

payed 30 dollars
That is the standard amount for a one year subscription to the Email Filtering Service. You probably chose a username and got a spamcop.net or cesmail.net email address when you signed up. You would have chosen your own password. One thing I do know for sure is that no one has paid $30 to the spam reporting service.

Try logging in with your whole email address as your username. If you can log in, then you have your answer about the account.

http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/login.php

http://www.spamcop.net/

The username and password are the same for both services.

but Ive yet to hear from "SpamCop.net wif instructions not even a welcome aboard to let me know all is well
PayPal is having trouble with the payment notices they are sending the vendors, meaning us, which means the automatic payment processing on our end is fouled up.

Your account might not get created until the Email Filtering Service staff has a chance to review their email and notice that the PayPal payment needs to be handled manually.

I don't know for a fact, though. I'm just guessing that the Email Filtering Service will be suffering the same problems I am with Reporting-Only subscribers who pay via PayPal.

Your contact at the Email Filtering Service is: support[at]spamcop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Archived