What gives?

mootimus

Folks,

I started a thread in 'SpamCop Email System & Accounts' asking some questions around optimizing the settings to minimize the influx of spam I was getting...

And the thread vanished - the only thing I could think of would be that I criticized the greylist concept. Beyond that there wasn't anything controversial in what I was saying, it's not exactly controversial discussions here in these forums.

I think if you're going to delete an entire thread (or move it) -- you should at least make mention, no? Nor am I getting any response from the moderators on what happened.

No?

Looks like somebody merged it into that other topic I mentioned - http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10500

Sorry about that, you should have received a personal message from whoever did it, we appreciate that anyone not experienced with these IPB forums might have a hard time finding 'where it went' without a link. Be assured "we" delete nothing and hide very little. There are no moderators as such, just our overworked forum admin (Wazoo) - but some are 'more equal than others,' as Napoleon said.

Ah, no worries, thanks for the clarification! :-)

Looks like somebody merged it into that other topic I mentioned - http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10500

Sorry about that, you should have received a personal message from whoever did it, we appreciate that anyone not experienced with these IPB forums might have a hard time finding 'where it went' without a link. Be assured "we" delete nothing and hide very little. There are no moderators as such, just our overworked forum admin (Wazoo) - but some are 'more equal than others,' as Napoleon said.

I started a thread in 'SpamCop Email System & Accounts' asking some questions around optimizing the settings to minimize the influx of spam I was getting...

True .. but with a Subject Line/Title and content being amazingly close/similar to an existing Topic/Discussion .. with recent enogh traffic that it was on the first page of that Forum section.

And the thread vanished - the only thing I could think of would be that I criticized the greylist concept. Beyond that there wasn't anything controversial in what I was saying, it's not exactly controversial discussions here in these forums.

As above, the similar Subject Title and content made it an extension of the existing Topic/Discussion .. that's why it was merged, in order to keep all the traffic, thoughts, suggestions, pointers, explanations all in one stream.

I think if you're going to delete an entire thread (or move it) -- you should at least make mention, no?

I'll take the hit. As I recall, whilst I was bashing code, I checked traffic, merged two of your last posts into a single Post, made my decision on performing the Merge action .. then the phone rang. An aunt arrived at the folks down the street, her travel oxygen tanks were empty, and she was in distress. So out the door I went. Went from handling all that to replacing a headlight on a vehicle that was designed such that most of the front end had to be disassembled just to get to the point where the headlight bucket could be removed to even see the bulb connector/socket. Didn't make it back home for several hours. Sending a PM wasn't floating around in my head at that time. Aplologies.

Nor am I getting any response from the moderators on what happened.

I'd like an explanation for this comment. The Forum logs don't show any traffic internally from you to anyone else, this Post is the first request for input that I've seen. What was to generate a "response from moderators" beyond me forgetting to accomplish the initial notification?

Archived