What's Up With SC Mail - Page "Jumping"

I haven't been able to use SC Mail (webmail.spamcop.net) as the minute I sign in the page starts jumping up and down.

I had to go the http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog route in order to go it and even that was acting up somewhat.

Other web pages are fine. I'd use the reporting button if I could get the cursor to stay over it long enough to click.

OK Edit: Tried it again 30 minutes later and it's stopped, whatever it was.

What would cause that?

OK Edit: Tried it again 30 minutes later and it's stopped, whatever it was.

What would cause that?

By your description, it sounds like the page kept refreshing over and over again. I would assume some process on the server went crazy if you did not do anything on your end (restart browser session, reboot machine, etc.).

Thanks Steven. It was very off-putting shall we say...LOL.

I've found SC mail to be intermittently slow in recent weeks so this doesn't surprise me.

i have not used the webmail page in several months. I have had no issues with VER reporting page or IMAP/SMTP however.

I haven't been able to use SC Mail (webmail.spamcop.net) as the minute I sign in the page starts jumping up and down.

What would cause that?

I used to get a similar problem on web pages where there is an option to complete some type of form - particularly log-in screens. In my case the problem was easily linked to an application that I had running make logins work using the built in finger print scanner. I disabled that for websites and all settled down.

Do you have a new laptop with finger print scanning or similar? Could you have been infected by a key-logging trojan (hopefully not :) )?

Andrew

No this is an almost new Alienware tower PC and have no such software or malware.

Conincidentally, but not necessarily connected, yesterday I suddenly got a flood of emails that I had already received over the last 2 or 3 days...like some server somewhere hiccupped. That could as easily have been by ISP as Spamcop & I probably will never know why that happened.

Archived